ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which sensor controls speedometer on a mk2 172

2002 172
ive just replaced the front nearside and still wont work. im sure ive read on this forum somewhere that it was the rear o/s sensor am i correct?

2002 172
just swapped both front abs sensors and still no luck! any sugestions? its starting to cost me an arm and a leg haha

2002 172
also just tested the dials and they are all ok. is there anything else to look out for i cant seem to find anything when i search on here.

BMW M135i
You could check the wire that sends the speed pulse for continuity but you'd need to get to the abs pump/computer connector which is a major b**ch. Does the radio volume go up and down with the speed if the functions enabled and you've got a standard headunit? Speed pulse would be fine if it does.

RS 172
are you guys absolutely sure its not the gearbox speed sensor? My speedo is a bit iffy and I'm going to replace that switch first ( on the advice of a very trusted RS Clio mechanic- he mentioned nothing about ABS ring wheels etc). That'd be a cheap first pit stop.
Just my ( new) 2c

172 ph1 and 172 ph2 cup have speedo drive from gearbox. 172 ph2 at some point switched to the abs sensor, could have been all 172 ph2 not sure. You can tell by looking to see if the gearbox has a sensor.

2002 172
i have just checked the stereo and the volume does not go up or down the slightest bit and thats on speed setting 5. so it could be the speed pulse cable maybe broken or rear abs sensors then? where is the cable routed then any pics would be awesome.