ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Phone

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Does anyone care about battery life these days with power packs so cheap and good?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does anyone care about battery life these days with power packs so cheap and good?

I've just come from an iphone4 to a 5C and the battery is shocking! I charge it over night, and it won't make it to 9pm the following day. Piss poor really.

My old 4 used to last 2 days sometimes.

Ad

MK2 FRS
No regrets about moving away from Apple?

I don't think I had a non Apple phone for over 5 years....(probably more!). But am considering a an S5.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I made the switch from an iPhone 5 to a Nexus 4, I lasted 3 months before I sold it and went back to an iPhone 5. Hardware was not an issue I just couldn't get on with Android. It looks and feels cheap in comparison to iOS.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would never have any other phone than an iPhone. This is coming from someone who wasn't a fan of apple, due to cost really.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
S5 is good but coming from an S3 it's not much different.

The camera however is f**king brilliant!

ypy6asa7.jpg
5y8uju8a.jpg

Ad

MK2 FRS
You'll hate it.

I suspect...

I made the switch from an iPhone 5 to a Nexus 4, I lasted 3 months before I sold it and went back to an iPhone 5. Hardware was not an issue I just couldn't get on with Android. It looks and feels cheap in comparison to iOS.

And this is the major concern......

Might just stick with Apple, all my other stuff is Apple also.

Clio 172mk2
im opposite, use android phone all time, then go on ipod and cant find half settings i get on phone lol

if i could have a iphone with android on that would be perfect :)

I had apple for years, then moved to Android and don't think I will ever go back.

I currently have the S4 Mini but now looking to upgrade. Probably go for the Nexus as for the money, I don't think anything comes close.

M8 looks good, but its getting to that size that I think is too big for me.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Having not read the thread fully sorry if im repeating anything! I have a Galaxy S3 and from that list id go for either than Note or the HTC. Dealt with Samsung RMA service ages ago and it was okay, nothing amazing the phone was gone easily for three weeks, but compared to other companies thats pretty good I've found. I find the S3 pretty good, but always wanted the note, fair enough its huge and won't fit in any of your pockets, but the screens stunning!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Also considering a move away from Apple. The 6 will have the chance to keep me.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure they'll try their hardest to keep their most valued customer.

I have a Moto G and iPhone 5S. The iPhone is used for work so I spend most of my time on it - when I go back to the Android it confuses me. At the time I bought it I thought the Moto was great for the price

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it's what you are used to. I've always been on Android and when I was considering new phones before this I had a play with a 4s I think and wasn't too keen on it.
Not sure apple will offer me anything more than Android will for what I want in a phone, especially for the price difference .

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the OH's S4, it's a good phone, she can download an album free in about 1 minute, that impresses me. It's not as pretty or slick as my 5 but i'm still impressed.

We shall see, the screen size on the 5 is now too small imo. I know people don't want a TV or even a note in their pocket but it now feels small.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That's the thing I noticed with the 4s, and even the 5 that the screen size is still pretty small.
I ewonder if they will up it much for the 6?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
had my xperia z2 just over and week now and fooking loving it, im probably going to say one of the best phones ive owned.

fast, hasn't stuttered once, smooth and easy to use. my previous phone was an xperia.

waterproof which I love and an awesome camera which im obsessed with the 120fps video feature.
a few photos and I will pop some vids up shortly

DSC_1126_zps7a08dfd2.jpg

DSC_1123_zpse62e31ca.jpg

DSC_1116_zps3c49c212.jpg

now although this photo is a bit crap, no word of a lie I could see the wind turbines it was so dark

DSC_1105_zps8cfe8935.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've always been a fan of Sony cameras on phones.
I remember having one a long time back and the camera was better than than a lot of the current phones have.

If camera is your priority then I'd almost certainly go for a Sony.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
videos are a bit crap but ive only been dicking around with it

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
No regrets about moving away from Apple?

I don't think I had a non Apple phone for over 5 years....(probably more!). But am considering a an S5.

I wouldn't say no regrets. But I always knew there would still be a bit of Apple in me.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack your thread but I don't see the point in starting another one.

I'm due an upgrade this month and after have the HTC One X for the last two years I'm really tempted by the new HTC M8 but I also like the look of the Sony Xperia Z2 - which would you go for?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Z2 is cool looking. Had a play with one at the weekend.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I went for the Z2 in the end. Both look great and I doubt I will be disappointed with either but after reading a comparison, the below swayed it for me:

" HTC One (M8) over the Sony Xperia Z2

Metal unibodyBuilt-in amps for the stereo speakers5MP front-facing cameraDual LED dual-tone flashDual rear camera setup for depth-of-field effectsIR port and remote functionality

Sony Xperia Z2 over the HTC One (M8)

Water resistant and dust proof glass-coated unibodyBigger display - 5.2" over 5.0"Higher still image resolution- 20.7 MP over 4 MPHigher resolution video - 2160p over 1080pMore RAM - 3GB over 2GBBigger battery - 3200mAh over 2600mAh"

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
battery on my z2 is awesome too, I can get pretty much two days out of it with lots of use.

I spend a lot of time on the internet at work on my phone

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
battery on my z2 is awesome too, I can get pretty much two days out of it with lots of use.

Good to hear! My One X is f**king awful now - as soon as I get home from work I have to put it on charge and that's with barley any use throughout the day.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

How the actual interface and slickness of it?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
coming from an z to a z2 the UI is identical and I like it. but that's why I went from the z to z2