ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Phase for a track car?

Two 0 Shitx
I'm in a bit of a pickle, i'm looking to spend about £1000 on a track car and i'm looking at clio 172's. Now options for that money are ph1's at high milage and £800 or ph2's that are either damaged or not running for £1000... My dad is pushing me to get a later model as it will be more reliable but my thinking is they should both have the same reliablility? How much trouble do you have with the engines at 80,000mls+??

My main question is if you were looking to build something purely as a track car which of those options given would you choose?

Two 0 Shitx
Well that was my thought process, if i was getting a road car i'd have got the ph2 but for track stripped i'd have thought the ph1 would be a better buy. Hmmm decisions..

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
My Ph1 has been superb. Bought three and a half years ago and done 15 trackdays as well as 35,000 miles of hard driving. Its an absolute blast to drive. It's still full interior and staying that way. I use it as my road car as well.I can jump in it and go anywhere and know it will get me there anytime as well as drive it to a trackday, thrash the tits off it all day and drive it home again. The car now has 124,000 miles on it and its still in great condition. I had it remapped last week with the intention of doing more trackdays with it. They are brilliant cars.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The Ph1's are really good. Mine is still in great condition. Everything still works and it's really comfortable as well. My daughters all say it's the best car I've ever had. I'll keep the Clio for as long as I possibly can and probably get all the paintwork tidied up at some stage so it looks good. There's still plenty of Ph1 cars around but I reckon they could become almost as popular as the Williams Clio.