ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which linux dist do you use?

Fabia vRS
i am just installing ubuntu onto one of my machines for a play.

which dists. are other people using? i would be interested to hear peoples experiences and reasons for preference of one over another.

cheers.

Boxster S
Kubuntu is the one I'm using. Its Ubuntu with the visual interface - it looks a lot like Mac OS X.

For a server dist I use Debian.

Neil

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Erm,

Ubuntu
Slackware
Debian
Yellowdog
Mandriva
Gentoo
Suse
Damn Small Linux
EvilEntity Linux
Fedora core 4
Fedora core 5
Fedora core 6
Fedora core 7 (test)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

And probably a few others ive forgotten to mention..

Not a Clio
Just Ubuntu, it replaced XP.

Chose it over a year ago due to good reviews and a large support forum.

RB 182
Brother uses Ubuntu and I've used it a few times for fixing other machines and recovering data. Use Linspire at work mainly just for file storage and use Knoppix and Helix (which is just a modified version of Knoppix) for forensic work some times.

Currently using ubuntu but i've been having a few problems using it on my laptop (its an old thing) so I'm going to give debian a try.

BMW M135i
Fedora, used redhat before fedora so just stuck with it when they changed. Know it pretty much inside out now so it'd be too much hassle to change now.

ubuntu edgy. havent used windows in ages (well at home).

But your avatar is Xubuntu!

I know I must change that. I have both on my PC now, but stick to gnome.

You dont use an ATI graphics card do you? I had 3D acceleration working first time on gnome, but after a kernal update its fucked. Cant get beryl etc working using the guides....

Any tips?

Very annoying.. when I used it properly like 7 years ago, ATI were the cards to get for good support.. now it's all gone nVidia with the new cards..

Silly ATI! :p