ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which fully adjustable Coilovers for trackdays?

Clio 172 ph1, others
Currently have Gaz GHA coilovers that came fitted to the car (ph1 172)

The front dampers are not adjustable and this is proving to be quite a limitation, and the quality of the units is pretty average too.

I rang Gaz asking whether the fronts could be adjusted, and they were not very helpful, the receptionist put me on hold for each question, and eventually i got through to a borderline rude person.

The gold kit they do is fully adjustable, but I'm not queing up to buy any of their products based upon that phone call.

So, what are my options?

Not that many seem to be fully adjustable?

I also like the idea of having a set with a coil over damper setup on the rear....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH your one phonecall is totally unrepresentative of my experience with Gaz, their customer service is normally excellent, so I am surprised to hear that.

AST seem to be the weapon of choice for most clubman clio racers, but they are pretty strong money

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Then I guess mine aren't GHA's then? My GAZ have both the heigh adjustable and the dampening. Dampening is done via an 8mm spanner on the top of the suspension struts. Will get a pic if you're interested

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
See pic below, bit of surface rust but the top most part of the strut is for dampening adjustments. I was under the impression these were GHA's, maybe I'm mistaken. They are definitely GAZ though.

IMG_20130311_140459.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
  Clio 172 ph1, others
Arse. Mine are fixed rate with just a small allen screw in the top of the rod and look different to that pic. Gaz say fixed trackday ones were available. Spoke to them again today, a bit more helpfull this time, they suggested maybe trying stiffer rear springs, something like 750 lb instead of the 350 or so I maybe have now. 750 seems pretty stiff! I do drive to the trackdays!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
750 is certainly a big jump up. although ive heard of people running over 1000 on track

500lb would be the logical place to go from a 350lb TBH

Clio 172 ph1, others
Does anyone know where I can get said stiffer springs? or is this a custom order job?

Starting to seem like AST or bust, but I've spent so much money on the car so far this year I just can't do it, not at the moment at least!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Speak to Josh at Cooksport, I am running a (140mm length) 140nm rear spring in the standard location.

I have not had it on track yet but it is very stiff!!

Does anyone know where I can get said stiffer springs? or is this a custom order job?

Starting to seem like AST or bust, but I've spent so much money on the car so far this year I just can't do it, not at the moment at least!