ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which element for 16v airbox

Just secured Nick Reads old airbox, so Im hoping to put the whole induction versus airbox on a 16v/Willy to bed. The only thing is that I need a new element to go inside it - so which one is best?

I think Im going to have it on for the forthcoming Midlands rolling road day in February. But Im also going to compare it with the induction kit by swapping them over on a regular basis for the next few months.

My hunch is that the airbox will show real improvements over the IK as and when the temperatures start to rise...

Im getting a BB replacement filter for mine, but its along with other stuff too, so im not sure if i can give a fair review.

Trophy

Ben,

I have tested this at York Dragway and i got better results with a 57i than a k&n replacement element.

Airbox is only really better if you want to floor it after being sitting in traffic, once your moving the IK wins! IMHO

Im now running the HP IK which ive not tested on the 1/4 mile yet but will see how it goes at the Midland RR day, think the standard airbox will be better on the rollers due to heatsoak.

Mat.

It didnt really effect me this summer becuase I was in bonny cold Scotland this summer, but when I ventured south (e.g. to Southend meet) I noticed that the performance of the car seemed a bit blunted because of the warmth!

I intend to keep the IK on for the greater part for the reasons you mention above - and I love the sound too. But maybe for the rollers and certainly if I use it a lot in the summer, then I want to be able to fit it.

I also have a hunch that since I want to keep this car for a very long time to come, I want all the original parts just in case I cant find them in the future!

to be honest they all do the same

running a ram air one in my airbox but thie scost £30 where a piper x one is only £20 both do the same job

wongy

true.....but choice and preferance is always a nice thing to have.....otherwise wed all be communist and buying filters from the "peoples air filter factory number 3"

Cant say about the 16v, but on my 172 the best thing I have done to it was fit a BMC CDA airbox system. amzing the amount of extra torque/responsiveness the car has now

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 09 January 2003

Yeah true but we wouldnt have to *pay* for Peoples air filter number 3 though would we.?

you would.....but price would be state set rather than mkt set.