ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which coilovers to go for?

Golf GTD Mk7
lol, no dedication ;) I've message Kamracing to see what they can do. I don't want to spend lots of money on them to not be able to mess around with the hole setup. I suppose I could just change the hubs, but that's messing I can't be arsed with.

How easy are the dampers to adjust when on the car?

Last edited:
  lift number 1 @ btm
Yeah but the one's i'm looking at are the v2's inox (presume these are the ones you're running mate?) so at a grand for them as they are, I can't imagine how much they would charge to bespoke them :S

probably not as much as you think, they have all the casings and internals there already.

try phoning them and asking? you never know :approve:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Sounds like KW are getting good reviews. Pretty sure they aren't for cup chassis though :(

which car you driving? or do you mean oulton on the 13th? I quite like the sounds of koni's just don't think they make them for the cup/trophy hubs.
13th silver phase 1

182 trackday racer
are they that much different baring in mind the price difference? I didn't realise that the r888's have different softnesses (if that's a word :)). Persume people go for the mediums ?

Soft R888's are only used for hillclimbs and slalom where you need to get temp very fast and have a rather short race time.

A4, TDi
I've got KW V1's... Very pleased with them. This is on an A4 though, but they won't differ too much from model to model. Quite a few of my friends have gone for budget VMAXX, TA Techniks or similar... A friends got TA Technix on his 6N Polo... Bloody impressed with them value wise - £200 for coilovers is a steal. But... There is a noticeable difference between them and my KW Variant 1s. Part of it may well be down to the car, the wheelbase is 250mm ish longer and it must weigh a good 400kgs more, but the TA's are pants on anything other than very smooth road surfaces, but apparently if you've done an epic drive on them they feel better? Oil warms up? KWs seem a bit more versatile or something, can deal with any s**t you chuck at them without bottoming out. However, they are almost 5 times the price (depending on application etc). Swings and roundabouts really in my opinion.

:cool:

TrackCar & F30 330d
without giving away my secrets ;) "around" -0.5 is all i run, rear is a different matter!

The rear is one of the most important parts. Most people just bash on loads of -camber at the front and forget about the rear. Although i would have thought -0.5 isnt quite enough for the front. but just my oppionion