ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whether to Clay?

Bumder With A Buffer
Finally got around to cleaning my car for the first time in about 3 months! :eek:

Just washed with Autoglym shampoo then a coat of SRP.
Have got some EGP to put on next week hopefully weather permitting! (never used that before)

Anyway noticed what seemed to be tar or something on both rear arches... feels rough to touch even after cleaning.

So my question is will a good claying get rid of that? I also have quite a few light scratches and swirls, if thats what you would call it, which can be seen in the paint.

Anyway my question is will claying get rid of all the tar etc? Im guessing its similar to T-Cut in a way? In that it removes layers to get back to paintwork??

After that what should be my course of action regarding wash, polish, gloss, wax etc?

Clay
Wash, SRP
EGP (heard mixed reviews so anything else I can use instead?)
Wax?? (also recommendations for wax if its needed?)

Rich :)

Porsche Boxster987S
claying doesnt always work on tar spots. but a combination of tar remover (autoglym) , elbow grease and a tougher clay afterwards should get 90% off.

in order i would :

wash
tar remover
clay
re-wash
polish
seal EGP is good after using SRP
wax ( i have been using dodo juice but swissvax is highly recommended)
same for wheels.

ive just put a detailing thread up in clio section which might help you

Bumder With A Buffer
So id be good to use my SRP as polish. Seal with EGP? torn between what to wax with though? Or even If I should bother at all to be honest

Porsche Boxster987S
The combination of SRP followed by EGP is very good. A lot say EGP is pointless so they just go from the SRP to the wax. This is what i do. Id say a wax is a must tbh. Covers up and protects all your hard work and gives that final finish.

Porsche Boxster987S
I thought about replacing EGP with this...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/chemical-guys-wet-mirror-finish/prod_339.html

Then using some of this Wax....

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/poorboys-nattys-paste-wax-blue/prod_11.html

But that looks tiny so torn between that and this

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=615

And just using Autoglym stuff.. theres too many bloody choices :(

how much are you willing to spend on a wax?

106 GTi
EGP is not pointless it is more durable than any of the other products you have linked up.

Clay is nothing like T Cut it just removes stuck on grime washing alone won't. Is not the best thing to use on tar as shearing it off with clay just risks scratching am marring the paint. Get some tar remover.

Wash
Tar Remover
Clay (if needed)
Polish - AG SRP
Seal - AG EGP
Wax - Victoria Concours