ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get laptop Memory?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I have a Dell Laptop and want to get:

2 x 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2-533

Crucial can do it for £185 delivered and i'm yet to try Dell themselves, but I can't find it anywhere!

Any ideas?

dabs.com

other than that, I'd have said Crucial... they seem to be competitively priced, or at least they were last time I looked.

I recommend Crucial. Dont even bother with Dell, they will charge you literally double what you'd pay elsewhere.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Well, Went to Scan and eBuyer and they came out at abot £130 - £145 delivered.

Unfortunatly they all had a latency of 4, and i want something faster!

Monaro VXR
Your getting ddr2 laptop memory your chances of getting low latency modules is next to nothing especially considering most of the modules for ddr2 are now CL4+ unless you can get some corsair XMS stuff in sodimm modules then you can get CL3 but thats about as low as ddr2 modules get unfortunately.

Unless you fancy paying a damn fortune for cas3 which honestly theres not likely that much difference unless your a heavy gamer on your laptop.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
ugh.. I used to build my own PC's but thought I might as well get a lappy.. i'll just go for the Crucial stuff i think,