ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy spacers for 182 FF cooksports

BG Clio 182
Right, had a thread up but want to get some spacers now.

Think to be safe i'm gonna go 15mm on the front and 10mm on the rear? This shouldnt cause rubbing should it?

The car is a 55 plate 182 FF on Cooksport springs.

More importantly, i want good hubcentric ones. Where abouts should i get them from? and all this business with extended bolts is confusing. When we spaced my dads RX8 we just put the Eibachs over the old bolts and bolted the spacer to the old bolts and the eibachs had new bolts for the wheels to go on if that made sense? I must be able to use some locking nuts. Links if ossible please because i don't know what im doing 😢

BG Clio 182
Im gonna go for h&r front spacers in 20mm

And for the rear the pure motorsport 10mm spacers they do
How much is fitting for the rear hub spacers then? And what bolts do you buy and for locking nuts? And will 15 mm front and 10 mm back bring it close ish to the arches so that you can tell but not so that it rubs?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
How much is fitting for the rear hub spacers then? And what bolts do you buy and for locking nuts? And will 15 mm front and 10 mm back bring it close ish to the arches so that you can tell but not so that it rubs?

Ive just done some research and some advice from people

In waiting on cooksports coming in stock too

Know idea with costs etc sorry

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I would imagine a garage would charge an hour's labour to fit all spacers. Depending on your wheel offset you'll be fine with the above.

I have 10mm rear hub spacers, 20mm h&r front spacers with OZ F1's which are et43 and its fine and gives perfect widening.

BG Clio 182
I would imagine a garage would charge an hour's labour to fit all spacers. Depending on your wheel offset you'll be fine with the above.

I have 10mm rear hub spacers, 20mm h&r front spacers with OZ F1's which are et43 and its fine and gives perfect widening.
You clearly know what you're on about lol right.

I understand nothing about any of this really truly :( I have normal 182 full fat wheels, the anthracite ones on what I would assume normal tyres.

I just want zero scrubbing but wide as possible but so importantly zero scrubbing so what should I exactly buy? Please just like websites and details and what the hell are the extended bolts and where do I get them and do I need them for the pure motorsport ones?

I will get my garage to fit them no worries :) but I do want locking nuts so just what do I need to buy?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well I can't promise scrubbing. Some cars get and some dont on the same setup. Are your shocks old? I never had scrubbing on my old 182 on cooksports with cup turinis which were et38, your cup wheels are et43.

The smaller the et number, the wider the wheel sticks out.

Get these front spacers:

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=423513

And these rear spacers:

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=263&model=-1

With both these kits you'll be able to use your existing wheel bolts and locking ones too :smile:

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes because they have offset holes in the spacer that are counter sunk and have special bolts that are supplied which bolt into the hub, then you bolt your existing bolts into the spacer. The good thing about these spacers is the have steel qqinserts for your existing bolts and they are nice and light, not too mention the quality.

12075866234_a14054a8ef_z.jpg
H&R 20mm spacers
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

12178683886_e34721d48d_z.jpg
Driver's side spacer fitted
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ah I see, that picture makes it clearer.
might get me a set of them for the front. have got 5mm stub axle spacers on the back already.

BG Clio 182
They are more expensive than others but well worth it. MUCH better than the MAD ones.
Thank you ever so much for the help on that, these are like what my dad used. My only worry is that I might get rubbing with 20's on the front :/ do you think I will? And will 10 mills on the back give me a similar look to 20 on the front?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
20 and 10 seems to be a popular choice.
personally I went 5mm back and want 10mm on the front and I don't get any scrubbing with cooksport springs on aswell

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They look quite similar to some eibach spacers we had at work which I read is what your dad has. I believe the eibachs are slightly more expensive. I'd go either tbh but because I have these personally I can only speak from my experience.

10mm on the rear is perfect. 15mm people have had rubbing issues. As for the fronts you shouldn't get rubbing. Worst case scenario is you'll have no problems selling them on here at a slight discount from New price as they always sell well.

Also you can your existing/standard wheel bolts and locking wheel bolts on all four corners with these spacers fitted.

BG Clio 182
20 and 10 seems to be a popular choice.
personally I went 5mm back and want 10mm on the front and I don't get any scrubbing with cooksport springs on aswell
Yeah ill probably do that then. Thing I like about the 20 is that they look spot on although i would have preffered 15 but they seem like a nob ache to buy and sort etc

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
15mm fronts I'd imaging would require adjustment to the wheel bolts as the they would hit the hub due to the spacer being too small unless you get longer bolt type spacers.

The ones I've linked above uses standard bolts which should require no adjustment as the spacer is 20mm plus the flange on the wheel in which the bolt goes through which will be fine.

I prefere a bolt to hub spacer then using existing wheel bolts into the spacer like the link above, rather than a spacer and longer wheel bolts.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
WP_20150102_16_00_01_Pro.jpg

5mm

BG Clio 182
I can post some pics I have if you want? @Bear Head

Mine is on a ph1 though and on OZ F1's although they are the same offset as your cup wheels.
That would be great mate if you would!

Thanks for helping, felt a bit lost with it all. I'll get the H & R ones as you suggest in the 20 mm and just pray it doesn't catch lol. I'll also get the 10 mm for the back the bolt to hub ones so be hubcentric on the front bolt to hub on the back

BG Clio 182
  BG Clio 182
Having looked at both ktec and H & R spacers I think the H & R ones look much better. My only thing being I realllly cannot do with rubbing/scraping/trouble round corners or speed bumps etc.

The ktec 15 mm ones look better for me as they're 15 mm and less likely to rub, but I don't have a f**king clue about these longer bolts? Do I just order their 15 mm ones and then order 1 set of their locking wheel bolts or what? My only issue with this is I don't want 2 different locking wheel nuts for back and front because that's stupid!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
These are the best ones I have to show how how 20mm fronts and 10mm rears sit:

12393030115_9a5f1742af_z.jpg

14281864337_200537c5e6_z.jpg

15118436007_a1c7fc1fd1_z.jpg

I have more but don't want to clog up your thread too much. Feel free to look at my Flickr album to view more.

BG Clio 182
These are the best ones I have to show how how 20mm fronts and 10mm rears sit:

12393030115_9a5f1742af_z.jpg

14281864337_200537c5e6_z.jpg

15118436007_a1c7fc1fd1_z.jpg

I have more but don't want to clog up your thread too much. Feel free to look at my Flickr album to view more.
That's gorgeous, man I love a good Phase 1! They look perfect mate absolutely perfect. Provided I get no rubbing ill get the 20's. What the f**k do I do though to check whether they will or will not rub?

I'll try to put a picture on of how she sits to see if that'll help but the shockers feel good, the car's low but not oh so low

BG Clio 182
aaec474b1ed352e54b4bac494d452ef1.jpg

Should get away with 10 mm on the back by the looks

71bca6a8767b6916a40f5279a5501d91.jpg

Sorry if these are useless but this should show you if 20's be okay on the front perhaps?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They won't stick out too far but as I said I can't guarantee that it'll remove the scrubbing. Some people don't scrubbing issues and they have the same setup as you. Like I said, "if" the scubbibg persists after fitting the spacers and you find you don't want them you can always re-sell them back on at very little loss.

One thing to add, have you removed the bumper bracket? It's common for the car to scrub on the "L" bracket behing the inner arches. People either remove or flatten the bracket back.

BG Clio 182
They won't stick out too far but as I said I can't guarantee that it'll remove the scrubbing. Some people don't scrubbing issues and they have the same setup as you. Like I said, "if" the scubbibg persists after fitting the spacers and you find you don't want them you can always re-sell them back on at very little loss.

One thing to add, have you removed the bumper bracket? It's common for the car to scrub on the "L" bracket behing the inner arches. People either remove or flatten the bracket back.
Oh sorry no, I mean the car doesn't scrub but just praying it won't when the boss monster spacers are on! f**k it ill order the H&R ones and hope for the best. What's the best way just to measure 2 cm's out from the current position and see if that'll interfere with anything?

I take my car to DDC, so just wondering if they'll be able to cut or chop anything away if it does scrub lol.

FF Clio 182
I have 20mm FK front spacers with MAPS stud kit on the front and PMS 10mm Rear stub axle spacers for the rear..

IMG_1856.jpg

BG Clio 182
I have 20mm FK front spacers with MAPS stud kit on the front and PMS 10mm Rear stub axle spacers for the rear..

View attachment 121953
Okay, well what I'm thinking is as I've been advised. I've ordered the 10 mm pure motorsport kit and will be ordering the H & R hubcentric spacers. 20mm. Then I can keep my locking nuts on both front and back and have no issues :) as the car is a weekend thing it gets about a bit. If it was a track car I'd have the stud kit though :) just don't want my wheels getting swiped XD

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
sorry to hijack this threat but is it a good idea to have spacers to run with cooksports or what? i have cooksports and it seems fine.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
What do you mean pal? Like is it safe do you mean or do you mean do they catch or?
let me explain it better - at work lol. i have cooksport springs but no spacers. whats the benefits of the spacers? is it just stance? i thought without spacers it may rub but not sure hence the question

BG Clio 182
let me explain it better - at work lol. i have cooksport springs but no spacers. whats the benefits of the spacers? is it just stance? i thought without spacers it may rub but not sure hence the question
You certainly won't get any rubbing just using cooksports without spacers. Pretty sure you will be fine to use the aforementioned 10 mm rear and 15 - 20 mm on the front. There may be a little rubbing on the front but a lot run them fine without issue.

Main benefits for the majority would be appearance and slight improvement in driving as you have have a wider more stable track width to the car.

Other people often use the spacers to clear big brake upgrades such as non standard disks and pads or racing setups requiring 300 mm brake disks etc.