ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where is the idle control valve to adjust?

Monaco Blue 172
hi all, i wana adjust my idle on my car, just wondering if u do it at the idle control valve, and if so, where is it? and also how do u do it?

cheers

If your Clio is remotely recent then idle speed is electronicaly controlled and managed via the ECU. There is no adjustment.

Cheers
M

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
unless that 1.4 engine in your clio is from a r5 gtt in which case you can adjust it very easily...

what makes you want to adjust it?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I got a 182 ff, with an unstable idle. also you can see the engine shaking a little bit non-constantly; you can also feel the car vibrate when sitting inside. the shaking is gone once the revs build up. how can you sort this? the throttle body has been cleaned too

Clio 172 RS2
The F4R runs a bit rough... as to the vibration. Or are you experiencing excessive vibrations?

Unstable idle could be various reasons.

Perhaps clean the TDC sensor?
How are the sparkplugs?

Check for vac leaks on the top manifold that causing uneven revving normally revving up though, as for low take the throttle body off and give it a dam good clean with carb clean !

If its vibrating and juddering sounds like it has a bit of a misfire ! They run a little rough and when I bought mine that's what I thought, but after a Friend got I'm and said it was a bit too bad I sorted it , ended up putting a coil pack, leads and plugs to make sure !

It drives loads better now , and it's really not that rough idle now !

Clio 172
yeah ive recently put a brand new coil pack and spark plugs in it, yesterday is when the misfire started to happen its misfiring at idle and its almost as if its stuggling to keep ticking over the revs keep adjusting from arround 300 to 500 and keeps going up and down, when i put my foot on the floor its like someone is firing a machine gun out the back of my exhaust (i have a big exhaust), i will give the throttle body a clean, thanks for the suggestion.

Clio 172
not a 100% sure but my neighbour is a renault mechanich so i doubt he would of put the wrong ones in.

53 Clio's & counting
Cleaning the tb won't fix it, it sounds like a very bad missfire.

Check it has the right plugs, as these must have the correct ones - I had to fit Bosche super 4's once and it misfired like a pig until I fitted the correct ones (People tend to not fit them as they are about £70 from Renault, £40 off ebay)

HT leads on the right way?

Clio 172
i'll have to have a mess arround with it, its just a pain in the arse, french peice of **** ** ****** ** * ********