ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where can i get mu suspension set up??

clio 182 cup
im going to be fitting coilovers to my 182 cup in the near future. where can i get the camber n everythin set up. im in stoke n want someone local ideally!!

cheers

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Demon Tweeks!

good shout due to you being in stoke.

DrRollo do you know if it;s advisable to drive very far without being set up proerply? Ie uneven wear on anything, or even driving straight?

Dodgy one
fine to drive it, just dont leave it a while otherwise then you'l notice abnormal wear, It wont be a nice driving experience though, mine was allover the road

clio 182 cup
fine to drive it, just dont leave it a while otherwise then you'l notice abnormal wear, It wont be a nice driving experience though, mine was allover the road

thats y i dont wanna be drivin too far. demon tweeks is still over an hours drive from me. is there anywhere else any closer? i guess a regular garage wont have the kit??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well i was told 2 give the suspension 2 weeks to settle, had it on a week and done 100+ miles and not spun out and died.

Mine will be going to Demon Tweeks next month

Dodgy one
Are the coilovers going to be used to their full advantage or is it mainly road use. If like me your a weekend B road warrior and use it to commute in, Take it to your local tyre fitting centre and have them set the camber and toe after you've set the height expect to pay round £40

clio 182 cup
ahhh...good stuff. it will me mainly for road use so ill nip it to my local tyre place but if it dont look like they know what theyre doin ill take it 2 yozzasport.

M

mini-valver

Im in Alton. What do you want it set up for? Daily Road, Fast road/weekend toy, track.....?

clio 182 cup
Im in Alton. What do you want it set up for? Daily Road, Fast road/weekend toy, track.....?

fast road use. i still want some degree of comfort though so i only want it dropped around 35mm all round. do you set them up? what kit do you use??

M

mini-valver

I can do, lol. Work for a Clio cup team.

I'd be using strings and a camber guage, all you need unless you want it corner weighting, which is pointless on a road car with more than one seat. Leaving the rear as standard toe/camber wise? Or have you got some shims?

clio 182 cup
I can do, lol. Work for a Clio cup team.

I'd be using strings and a camber guage, all you need unless you want it corner weighting, which is pointless on a road car with more than one seat. Leaving the rear as standard toe/camber wise? Or have you got some shims?

rear will be staying as they are. will "strings and a camber gauge" be accurate enough??? i thought lasers n tha were used nowadays??

M

mini-valver

Cant BE any more accurate. Its used to set up race cars day in, day out. If its good enough to set up 100k Porsches and the like, its more than good enough for a 182.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I want mine as it was from the factory, only put new coilovers on cos the standard suspension had worn out.

Dodgy one
rear will be staying as they are. will "strings and a camber gauge" be accurate enough??? i thought lasers n tha were used nowadays??

Stringing its just as good if you get it all squared up, take your time and take good measurements.

All the lasers do is fire a beam instead of string and show it on a fancy screen, Still does the same job :cool: I would have done mine this way but..
A dont have the space
B havent got a surface which i could make level

M

mini-valver

Im at Brands this weekend so drop me a PM monday and I'll sort it out for you both!

clio 182 cup
Im at Brands this weekend so drop me a PM monday and I'll sort it out for you both!

i aint even brought them yet lol. will probably be the end of the month before i get them sorted. how much will ya want 4 sortin it it 4 me? ill give ya a pm closer to the time. an excuse 4 me 2 drive the clio around the alton lanes 1 week wont be frowned upon. cheers bud.

M

mini-valver

Just camber and toe, £40. If you want them fitting aswell, can do that.