ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When i break, my rear fog light comes on, on the dashboard?

Chelsea tractor
Haw e haw e haw ;)

Loose connection going into the display or a loose/earthed wire somewhere?

Check the earthing connector in the boot of the car its on the passenger side near the rear damper goes.

Clio 182
I have the same problem, mine flashes sometimes as the indicator flashes too, its only ever when indicating right. I was unable to locate the earth for the light but I think ill have a look where edde said. Hope it fixs the problem for me :)

St rollin on Borbet
i had the same problem with my i had to change the back light wiring loom becuase the water had got into the wiring .

Clio 182
When you open the boot, pull back the carpet in the RH corner, you should see the black wire coming down from the light. I tried cleaning the earth which didnt work but then new bulbs fitted and this eliminated the fog warning light flashing problem, but when the indicator comes on my sidelight still goes dim. Any ideas?

53 Clio's & counting
mine did this,took the plugs off the bk of both rear lights,gave them a quick clean,and problem sorted.easy fix

CB600FS
When you open the boot, pull back the carpet in the RH corner, you should see the black wire coming down from the light. I tried cleaning the earth which didnt work but then new bulbs fitted and this eliminated the fog warning light flashing problem, but when the indicator comes on my sidelight still goes dim. Any ideas?

Clean the block plug terminals on both rear light clusters, get rid of all the crap in there, tighten the terminals, and clean the earth strap again.

Clio
Thank you so much, this was driving me mad for ages. I had it when I braked, indicated and reversed. I cleaned the earth connectors on both light clusters and it seems to have done the trick. very happy :D
cheers guys

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nearly 6 year thread bump nice!

Glad it was useful though!