ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When a car blocks your drive way.

Until this happens to someome you don't realise how annoying it is. Happens today, then tomorrow, and so on, sets a good example but I guess a note on the windscreen would of been as good with a sarcastic comment perhaps.

The Polo driver will either become very upset with the cost, especially at this time of year, or come back and drive into your car lol.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Until this happens to someome you don't realise how annoying it is. Happens today, then tomorrow, and so on, sets a good example but I guess a note on the windscreen would of been as good with a sarcastic comment perhaps.

The Polo driver will either become very upset with the cost, especially at this time of year, or come back and drive into your car lol.

My neighbour had a van that kept parking partly over his drive, he wrote a sarcastic note left it on his windscreen and found the notes crumpled up in his garden and "f**k off" written on the condensation on his windscreen of his car on his drive. Notes don't cut it clearly.

My neighbour had a van that kept parking partly over his drive, he wrote a sarcastic note left it on his windscreen and found the notes crumpled up in his garden and "f**k off" written on the condensation on his windscreen of his car on his drive. Notes don't cut it clearly.

Ouch !

I would be interested to see the owner of the Polo

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My dad had a similar thing happen once. Some gimp parked a cavalier partly blocking our drive. My dad got out but getting back in was difficult. That had a window partly open too and had been there all day so old bill were called and it turned out the car had been stolen 2 days before. It may not always be a case of someone parking like a t**t and someone might be thankful for their car being found.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I had this absolute fuckknuckle park over my drive slightly, there were no cars around at all and she still managed to park like a right skidmark. It's more annoying that they can't make a conscious decision properly, the parking over a driveway is trivial

She apologised but why park like a flid in the first place

7e2fd639eba26af0728540e6b0ff786d.jpg
d2f26496546b7ae5ab7a1cb4650cdd07.jpg
8aea3501a3f94feb2da75ac888656098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

In the OP the police told him the Polo driver only lives round the corner.

be pretty stupid to cause any damage to a car when your bright red Polo is so easily found parked on the next street.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
There was a thing a while ago on fb saying don't damage people's cars. No matter what the situation you will always get in trouble for damaging someones car. Instead. Buy some wheel balancing weights off ebay and attached some to each wheel. Then you can live with the satisfaction you are wearing their tyres unevenly.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had this absolute fuckknuckle park over my drive slightly, there were no cars around at all and she still managed to park like a right skidmark. It's more annoying that they can't make a conscious decision properly, the parking over a driveway is trivial

She apologised but why park like a flid in the first place

View attachment 1403112

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Probably a simple case of not having the slightest clue about the dimensions of their car and spatial awareness of the QE2.

I'll put money on the driver being 'one of those' who brakes whenever a car comes the other way. I just wish I had a Mad Max vehicle that I could ram the trundling cretins off the road with.

Renault Master
Done the right thing. If you had done something to damage the car, you would get first blame or possible retaliation. Either way we’ll done. Serves them right, looks a bag of shite as well tbh. If it was a V6 Clio then I wouldn’t mind ?

PH2 172
People don't always think what's stupid or not

Yes calm down

Too many people here post a knee jerk reply without engaging their brain, usually along with a poor attempt at humour.

Nobody has considered that the Polo was parked where it was as it had broken down, and the owner had parked it up as best he/she could without totally

blocking the parking space in the front garden.

People jump to the conclusion that the driver must have been drinking because there was half a bottle of wine on the passenger seat, without considering

that it belonged to a passenger who forgot it after pushing a dead car to park it up.

Also that the passenger window was left open, as having suffered an electrical failure, it could not be closed.

The Polo itself, whilst not being anything to get excited about, looks clean & washed with no damage & cared for.

The MOT does expire on Monday 28th, but it has had no advisories in 4 years, and the mileage at the last MOT was just 40K.

The whole story, and I cannot understand why anyone would be proud to make it public or boast about, revolves around the impression that some people

believe they have a right to park outside their house, which they don`t.

To this counter this, they knock down their front garden wall, lay a bit of asphalt and install a drop kerb, perhaps with or without planning permission, and

claim that anyone parking outside their property is obstructing their entrance, and they want them towed.

This then creates a parking problem, that then spills over into the surrounding streets.

I was also puzzled that the registered keeper of the Polo stays round the corner, as opposed to lives round the corner, which suggests to me that there may

be some history between the keeper & the Police officer, but maybe it`s just a Scottish turn of phrase?

And consider, that the owner, approaching the end of January, may not have £200+ laying about, that without their car, cannot get to work, may loose

income if an agency worker or loose there job, & will face eviction as they cannot pay the rent.

So did the OP do the right thing, or is he an I`m alright Jack c**t, who threw a wobbly in a fit of pique?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've got a double width drive I share with 2 neighbours. The t**t 2 houses down works late 2 nights a week but then leaves late the following mornings so his f**king mrs parks half across their drive and half across mine until he rings her on his way home and then she moves the car so he can drive onto their drive first. It's a waste of time as she moves anyway when he gets there and it does my head in blocking my drive making it really difficult for me to get on and off.

I always do a noise protest by bouncing off my limiter as I struggle to get past the car but they don't seem to get the hint. I'm trying to bump into them to have a friendly word as the chances are they just don't see it as a problem and I don't want to seem aggresive knocking on the door even in a polite way. I'm hoping that they will stop it after a quiet word or I'm going to start blocking their drive intentionally at all times until they get the hint.

Inconsiderate parking rates highly on my death list to be honest, most of the time it's so unnecessary and cuntish.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Too many people here post a knee jerk reply without engaging their brain, usually along with a poor attempt at humour.

Nobody has considered that the Polo was parked where it was as it had broken down, and the owner had parked it up as best he/she could without totally

People jump to the conclusion that the driver must have been drinking because there was half a bottle of wine on the passenger seat, without considering

that it belonged to a passenger who forgot it after pushing a dead car to park it up.

Also that the passenger window was left open, as having suffered an electrical failure, it could not be closed.

The Polo itself, whilst not being anything to get excited about, looks clean & washed with no damage & cared for.

The MOT does expire on Monday 28th, but it has had no advisories in 4 years, and the mileage at the last MOT was just 40K.

The whole story, and I cannot understand why anyone would be proud to make it public or boast about, revolves around the impression that some people

To this counter this, they knock down their front garden wall, lay a bit of asphalt and install a drop kerb, perhaps with or without planning permission, and

claim that anyone parking outside their property is obstructing their entrance, and they want them towed.

This then creates a parking problem, that then spills over into the surrounding streets.

I was also puzzled that the registered keeper of the Polo stays round the corner, as opposed to lives round the corner, which suggests to me that there may

be some history between the keeper & the Police officer, but maybe it`s just a Scottish turn of phrase?

And consider, that the owner, approaching the end of January, may not have £200+ laying about, that without their car, cannot get to work, may loose

income if an agency worker or loose there job, & will face eviction as they cannot pay the rent.

So did the OP do the right thing, or is he an I`m alright Jack c**t, who threw a wobbly in a fit of pique?

Whilst I half agree with your points mate, if someone was pushing the car to the side of the road there is literally no excuse to not push it out of the way of the drive. If the car is facing downhill then yes pushing backwards may be difficult, so let it roll forwards to the other side of the drives to somewhere suitable. Likewise if the car is facing uphill it's very easy to roll it backwards.

Your wonderful approach could well be fine, but the chances of that are a lot lower than the fact the person is a c**t / was drunk / is just a plain idiot. What's to say they don't do this all the time and cause needless problems for people constantly?
Ignorance isn't an excuse in the eyes of the law, and even though this isn't legal to me it's a similar principle, if you can't control a car correctly then you shouldn't have the privilege of one.

PH2 172
Whilst I half agree with your points mate, if someone was pushing the car to the side of the road there is literally no excuse to not push it out of the way of the drive. If the car is facing downhill then yes pushing backwards may be difficult, so let it roll forwards to the other side of the drives to somewhere suitable. Likewise if the car is facing uphill it's very easy to roll it backwards.

Your wonderful approach could well be fine, but the chances of that are a lot lower than the fact the person is a c**t / was drunk / is just a plain idiot. What's to say they don't do this all the time and cause needless problems for people constantly?
Ignorance isn't an excuse in the eyes of the law, and even though this isn't legal to me it's a similar principle, if you can't control a car correctly then you shouldn't have the privilege of one.

You have to take into consideration that if he/she lives round the corner, why did they not park there?

Endless possibilities.

And if someone chooses to park ON your property , there is little you can do legally, except go to court for eviction, as it is not a criminal offence.

Funny old game, Parking.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
You have to take into consideration that if he/she lives round the corner, why did they not park there?

Endless possibilities.

And if someone chooses to park ON your property , there is little you can do legally, except go to court for eviction, as it is not a criminal offence.

Funny old game, Parking.
Let me add that after let's say 8pm there is no parking spaces left in the street. The police said they lived round the corner, and the officer on the phone previously said they didn't live a million miles from me, because data protection prevents them telling me where they actually live.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

If any of your theory was true, a simple knock on my door to explain their predicament and I would of been understanding, even helped, and I certainly would not if contacted the police, however they didn't, and the signs indicate there were other "factors" behind their inconsiderate actions. Yours, Jack c**t.

PH2 172
Let me add that after let's say 8pm there is no parking spaces left in the street. The police said they lived round the corner, and the officer on the phone previously said they didn't live a million miles from me, because data protection prevents them telling me where they actually live.

If any of your theory was true, a simple knock on my door to explain their predicament and I would of been understanding, even helped, and I certainly would not if contacted the police, however they didn't, and the signs indicate there were other "factors" behind their inconsiderate actions. Yours, Jack c**t.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Wind it in for f***s sake.
A policeman attended and decided it was sufficient to order it to be towed away, who the f**k cares what you think??

172 cup
The police round here would of done sweet fa about this. I saw on a local car selling page to me, a car had completely blocked someones drive, so they put it on facebook market place for sale, with no key or V5 best offer for scrap takes it ?.
I think its impressive the police actually bothered getting it recovered, you must live in a good neighborhood ?.
If it was me, and it was a manual and in neutral, jacked up the rear beam and moved it back a foot, and left a note,,,, and maybe wiped my b4lls on their drivers door handle ?.

BG182
after waiting an hour??? what a first class stiff.
Waste of police time? well done , if i was the owner of the red car id be making sure it costs you 10 times what it cost me.?
moron,
knocking on your door?? to explain the predicament??? LOL
who do u think u are

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
after waiting an hour??? what a first class stiff.
Waste of police time? well done , if i was the owner of the red car id be making sure it costs you 10 times what it cost me.?
moron,
knocking on your door?? to explain the predicament??? LOL
who do u think u are

How would you do that then?

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I had some women constantly blocking my garage where the clio always was, on a wide one way street where parking is not a problem, she got agressive when I called her out on it so police got involved and prosecuted her for threatening me.

She was going to the house in front of the Passat aswel all the time and the front of that house is actually on the road behind!!

Then I get other people doing it, annoys the hell out of me as it's one way, wide as hell and I always park over the road myself with no issue ever as it's empty, and there are three houses with garages, mine and the two to the left (looking at the house), mine is the only garage that gets used and has 2 signs on the door and wall saying 24hr access required and yet it's only mine people park over [emoji34]

Both vans were when I was ment to leave for work!

I would never block someones drive or garage even if in ment I had to park in another road.
68e05cea6d55bde79921037a7c1f25c8.jpg
915f413f366f02c0c091269ea277c590.jpg
9b14d39235456c735d3e584d11d8c25c.jpg
2cf572f9899afc3107b31c7d9277f1ef.jpg
0cf921fffe473ef9dc9a0993a25f514c.jpg

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Sorry to hijack the thread btw but these situations boil my blood as it's common courtesy

Went out this morning to find somebody thought it was ok to leave their car over my drive. Passenger window was open a bit and half empty bottle of wine on the floor. I might of been able to squeeze out, but not the point as they were well over the white line markings on the road. After waiting for about an hour to see if anyone appeared and me ready to kick off I phoned the police. They said they would contact the owner. Hour or more later they called to say officers en route. First thing policeman said to me was how long you had the cup? ? He was sound, took out his phone and showed me his Clio trophy he sold in 2012. Was had good chat about cars and he told me the registered keeper of the car over my drive stayed round the corner and they weren't in their house. So it was getting lifted. He reckoned driver had been drunk. So their car is now impounded and afaik it's £210 cost then £25 a day charge. Serves the fucker right. View attachment 1402862View attachment 1402864View attachment 1402865View attachment 1402866View attachment 1402867
What a hero you are whatever would we do without people like you