ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel well build so far

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
beleive it or not this is the hardest bit lmao getting the board to fit nicely in the boot im gona have to put some rubbers on the brackets bcuz of rattles but other than that this bit is done

the box, ive sprayed it 3 coats of gloss that i had in the garage n im gona use a high build gloss to make it shineyer lol once ive cut the sub hole

this is the box sealed in with "no more nailes" lmaooo workes quite well but i might make another box later of a higher build quality as this was my first box and i made some amatuer mistakes :rasp:

if ya havn't noticed then ive used carpet underlay as damperning and it does the job really good

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
nobody seems botherd but ill update sofar any way lol

this is with the sub and amp all wired up and with the holes :)

also toying with the idea of a glass amp window

this is during the trimming im going to be stapleing the carpet down all tight 2morrow and then fir it all in and as you can see ive moulded the glass in and put a RE audio decal on the top looks the s**t IMO used silicone to bond the glass and make a nice shelf

ill add the finished build 2moz :)

any feedback?

1.8 8v RSi
i musta missed this first time round.....seems liek a real cool idea!!! and im lovin it....wish i had a wheel well now lol....

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
looks good,

how are you going to overcome the rough trimming where you can see the wood?

im going to start my new build as soon as i can afford to buy my new sub (£250) ouch

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
yea the trimming was a b*****d but im gona get the rubber seals round the sub hole and go from there its all tacked in and almost done

get the pic up 2moz coz im nackerd... the trimming should of been tucked under the glass but was having probs with the sealent so decided to flush it and trim it as close as i could

same with the sub hole i couldnt get it right in mabe ill retrim it later with the spec i need soooo

get pics of finished prob 2moz

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
PS the last pic ive got there isnt stuck down at all and its not lined up lol just reading the comments pl made it seems that they rekon thats the final trim place... its not :p its all tight and flush only see the wood if you look at an angle so possible just paint the visible edge and retrim it later

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
weight wise its lighter imp, i got a light weight alpine amp and the build of stantard boxes are from thicker fibreboard, mine if from 0.5 and i just reinforced it well, so if anything its the same asa standard box in the boot but just much better stability and perfoprmance, i dont find it to vibrate the rickety panels as much as the box in the boot did probs due to differend sound distrabution

SQ is awesome now

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
youll get quite alot of flex with a 0.5 sealed box unless youve used ply not mdf

not the best