ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel weights for Track use? Much point changing from Cup wheels?

172 Cup (Track)
Ive got a Clio 172 Cup with the 16" Speedline Turinis. Does anyone know the weight of them?

Much weight to be saved from changing? Im hoping not, id rather keep what i have!

What about the standard 16" 172 wheels? My mate has them on his track car, weight of them?

:race:

S4 Avant
The car won't die from using wheels that weigh half a kilo more. I'd be far more concerned about the tyres you're using.

172 Cup (Track)
The car won't die from using wheels that weigh half a kilo more. I'd be far more concerned about the tyres you're using.

I know this, thats why im asking. half a kilo more and i would be happy. Tyres, i also know these are more important but who mentioned them? Slicks and 888s/ 048s for your info. Try being a bit more helpful? :nono:

Standard 172 wheels weigh about 4 ton haha

16" Turinis are 8.4kg

Superb mate, now i can check the weights of aftermarket to see the difference!

I would go for 15's anyway, smaller (usually) lighter and cheaper tyres.

Yeh thats a good point, im thinking about that too, as it would also drop gearing ever so slightly!

172 Cup (Track)
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's are 6.9kg in 15" size, might be able to find some cheap.

Cheers, ive just came across the fact that 'Superleggera' means super light- so checked the weight of them. 15" is 5.1kg so i think ill keep an eye out for a set of them in 15"!! Saving best part of 4kg a corner of sprung weight!

330i. E30 Touring.
Weight is irrelevant unless you're racing.

15's run better and tyres are a f**k load cheaper.