ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacers

Clio 182
Got a set of speedline 2118's to go on in et43 and don't think they're going to fill the arches well enough so some spacers are going to be needed......I'm on et38 turini's at the moment so do I just got for 5mm all round (and if so where and what is best to buy) or 10mm all round for a bit more arch fill. Car is solely a track car, on BC coilovers. Thinking a PMS stud/nut kit at the same time would make sense!
Suggestions please :smile:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Definitely don't go more than 10mm as it'll ruin the scrub geometry.
I personally would go for the 5mm option as it'll still keep the scrub geo sensible.

There's a lad on here that sells the spacers - M.A.D and he's in the traders section.

5mm spacers will still work with standard bolts as well, but it's worthwhile upgrading to the stud and nut kit.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had 2118s (et43) on my old BG with 5mm spacers (M.A.D ones) and they looked fine. Ill see if i can find pics to show how they sit in the arches.

Clio 182
Definitely don't go more than 10mm as it'll ruin the scrub geometry.
I personally would go for the 5mm option as it'll still keep the scrub geo sensible.

There's a lad on here that sells the spacers - M.A.D and he's in the traders section.

5mm spacers will still work with standard bolts as well, but it's worthwhile upgrading to the stud and nut kit.

Thanks for the quick reply, the 5mm was what I had planned on going for just to bring them in line with the et38 I'm running at the moment.....if I'd known I'd have bought the et38 in the first place but they only come in white!
Stud and nut kit will make wheel changes so much easier I'll definitely invest in them too, do you run them?
I will try them without and see what they look like, just need to get some tyres on them next!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the quick reply, the 5mm was what I had planned on going for just to bring them in line with the et38 I'm running at the moment.....if I'd known I'd have bought the et38 in the first place but they only come in white!
Stud and nut kit will make wheel changes so much easier I'll definitely invest in them too, do you run them?
I will try them without and see what they look like, just need to get some tyres on them next!
No problem. Yeah I run the pms stud and nut kit on mine. Good bit of kit tbf.

There's another place that sells them as well. Elite something or other.

Clio 182
No problem. Yeah I run the pms stud and nut kit on mine. Good bit of kit tbf.

There's another place that sells them as well. Elite something or other.

What length studs did you go for, looking at the PMS ones before there was a couple of different length options!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
These are the best pics i could find at an angle to show how wide they sit out on et43 and 5mm spacers.

8981846272_48a15bb372_z.jpg

9540786416_7d66f3efe6_z.jpg