ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHEEL SPACERS - THE UPS AND DOWNS

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
hi i am thinking of getting some wheel spacers but i heard there not good for your wheel bearings, is that true?
Also this might sound daft like but has anybody snapped there bolts and wheels come off or anything?
and whats the maxium thickness?
​thanks

f**k your wheel bearings [minor unless it's 100mm] and f**k your steering geometry, but as long as they look cool when not moving...

Depending on how thick spacers you want depends on which type would be best. 15mm or less you'll be better off with longer bolts and hubcentric ones. Anymore and you'll want the bolt to hub hubcentric ones. As said above, unless your running stupidly thick spacers they wont have much affect on your wheel bearings.

Depending on how thick spacers you want depends on which type would be best. 15mm or less you'll be better off with longer bolts and hubcentric ones. Anymore and you'll want the bolt to hub hubcentric ones. As said above, unless your running stupidly thick spacers they wont have much affect on your wheel bearings.

I would say 10mm or less for longer bolts, 15mm or more you want the bolt to hub type

and will slightly increase wear on bearings etc but nothing noticeable unless you have it slammed on its arse with -10 degrees of camber iirc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Some comedy responses in here. Unless they are ridiculously big spacers they will neither noticeably damage your bearings nor ruin the ride. In fact, they will improve your handling.

I run 15mm spacers all round (eibach hubcentric) and longer bolts will be fine for road driving. If being used on track, I'd get the Pure MS stud kit.

Cup In bits
Wheel spacers will increase bearing wear and will throw out steering geometry (size dependant) but if using modest spacers then there's no difference to fitting a low offset wheels. Lets face it nobody chooses a wheel offset to give them the best geometry they do it for looks. Fitting big spacers to a racecar has the affect of smaller ARB's as the wheel has more leverage and changes KPI, scrub angles etc. Will Joe blogs notice I don't know.