ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel sizes, to scrape or not to scrape???

clio 1.4 rt
ive got a ph1 mk2 and am thinking about 16" wheels, ive heard you can get 18's under arches standard, has n e one tried it? n e tips if u have to arch modification???

oh yeh if u have 16's on could u post pics of em so i can get a bearin on how they will look on my car ty dudes

nah its a mk2 clio ph1

You are thinking of mk1 ph2

Its the first of the bubbly girly looking clios

The early mk2 clios were RT's etc as my mate as a 1.2 RT new shape clio

clio 1.2
well im struggling on what wheels to get and how far to lower it ive just bought the renault clio 1.2 RL and im thinking of lowereing it 35mm and on 17's but wasnt too sure if any ones got any suggestions i wud love to know thanks

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
35mm?

you want to lower it atleast 60mm, you'll regret it otherwise!

im lowered 60mm on 17's, sits pretty much spot on. Could go alot lower aswell though.

clio 1.2
well i was thinking 40mm coz im a pretty rought driver lol and give my car some gyp over bumpy roads and ive got to travel down a bumpy road the the boss's house but 60mm sounds like a wet dream on 16's maybe?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
honestly, when you lower it 60, you'll realise its not that low.

I've got my 14's back on for the winter now, and the front bumper will clear most carpark kerbs, just.

and it handles well, just try and go for shocks aswell, or coilovers if you can afford it.

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
Iv got 17s on my mk1 clio lowered about 50mm, thats ok, would think twice about taking it any lower though

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Lunner said:
Small is the way forward, will make your pocket rocket move quicker than if you had 18's on there

How does this work....its the RR/weight that counts. Tyres are nearly the same weight as the tyres so why does it mater if you have 205/50 on 15 or 205/40 on 17 if the combined weight is the same and the RR is the same then how do you get this extra performance...??