ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Refurb - Warrington Area ??

Nimbus Megane R26
Anybody know of anywhere decient place that does wheel refurbs either coming to your house or a drive in and leave ur car? Iv no spare wheels so needs to be done the same day. Just took a chunk out of my front left alloy:mad:

Also if the whole wheel needs refurbing, is the anthracite an easy colour to match or will all 4 alloys need doing?

Any reply greatly aprechiated!!

Kris

S2 106 GTI
I got my wheels refurbed by a company at bamber bridge (passed Preston) you can leave your can with them, did a good job! One had a a big dent in it and you can't tell at all

Nimbus Megane R26
Cheers for reply guys. Tbh John the link you gave me was the only one id heard off, popped down and they want £20 a wheel and their website looks like they aint amateurs..booked in for saterday ill get some pics up before/after and you can decide if you wanna use them. My alloy will be the test hah.

S2 106 GTI
WRC . wheel repair center there called. When I dropped my wheels off they had a lambo parked up getting it's wheels done.

Next time fella, Adam Blooor on here has a contact that does powder coating for a very low cost. Well worth a PM.

S2 106 GTI
I've been tempted by wrc. Wouldn't use national alloys myself. Their finish isn't the best.

They do everything! powder coating, normal spray work, diamond cut.....I got mine powder coated and they got the colour match 100% spot on! took my wheels to them before I went on holiday, came back and picked up what looked like a brand new set of wheels!

330 Ci
Does anyone know the colour code for the Anthricite colour on the Cup pack alloys?

A similar thing happened to me recently and I now need one alloy sorting - spoke to WRC in Manchester at the weekend and they didnt have a clue what the colour was (hence the question above) and wanted to charge me £80 + VAT for one wheel!.. Thats full strip down to bare metal + powder coat etc... but still seams expensive

Will be intersted in seeing pics of how you get on Kris.. £20pw is cheap!

Last edited:
  Betty Big Bum R26
Renault Manchester do them at £50 a wheel, in the correct anthracite colour.

Leave your car and collect at the end of the day. I think a courtesy car is £17 if you want one.

330 Ci
Thanks for the tip - just rung them, apparently they don't do it there anymore - would have to go to renault Liverpool to get it done!

Role on Sat, i wana see what Kris's £20 gets you :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
wont be s**t my dads used them a few times once for his bike wheels mirror polished lips, and once for when my mum just managed to kerb one wheel.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Just dropped my car off at national alloys, at £140 all in I'm happy. Will be a massive improvement over the scratched, dirt-baked, chipped and kerbed anthracite, sorry, 'amphasite' finish I'm currently rollin' with...

^Is that for powdercoating? Can you show some pics when done, thx.

Last edited:
  1998 BMW e46 323i
I presume it's powder, didn't ask. They were in such a state, really anything they do will be an improvement. Just getting standard silver. Will post up some pics when I get it back

1998 BMW e46 323i
At the place waitin to get my car out of the garage now. First impressions are good. Will get some pics up when I get home, iPhone pics fail.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Ta da:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7903166@N03/?saved=1

(Don't know how to embed from flickr)

For the price (£140) I'm really happy. Not perfect, but pretty close.

It's two pack paint they use H182.

These rims were in a shocking, shocking state before. Hard to remember now. Gotta leave the centres off for 24 hrs and need some new bolts, after hammering the locking ones off.

What do people think?

Attachments

• 3926769338_0f4c3279bd.jpg
    3926769338_0f4c3279bd.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 93
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited: