ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Refurb in North west?

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a decent place to get my standard 182 wheels refurbed in the Manchester area?

I've checked out a few places who do powdercoating but getting a colour match on the plastic centre caps worries me. Does anywhere still do wet paint?

Thanks

I know you've mentioned about not wanting powder coat, but the guys at Platinum Coatings in trafford park are absolutely fantastic.

They paint matched my turini centre caps to the powder coat they used and turned them around in an insane timeframe (9am dropped the car off and drove away at 5pm).
£200 for wheels up to 18" and it's a tyres off, full strip, powdercoat.

They do some really high end cars so they're worth speaking to, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them

https://www.facebook.com/platinumcoatingsltd/

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I know you've mentioned about not wanting powder coat, but the guys at Platinum Coatings in trafford park are absolutely fantastic.

They paint matched my turini centre caps to the powder coat they used and turned them around in an insane timeframe (9am dropped the car off and drove away at 5pm).

They do some really high end cars so they're worth speaking to, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them

Very good to know!

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member

I've spoken to them on the phone, I mentioned the plastic caps and he just said ' we can't powdercoat plastic'. I'll give them another ring on Monday and enquire again, maybe i just spoke to a muppet.

Whats the colour match like? Im just worried that as the standard 182 caps are huge any colour discrepancy will be noticeable

They turn around a lot of wheels so I think they’re just too busy to sit on the phone over £200. They did a good enough job that I didn’t notice the difference

I wouldn’t personally spend good money refurbing 182 wheels, they’re worth feck all. Can pick a clean set up cheap enough and have a winter pair

Just dug this out, in bright sun there was a difference. Never enough that I noticed until now looking for it. Wet painting will be your only option for a 100% match really!

65D23900-D3CF-4F52-BD0A-3BB2508225DC.png