ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bearings

1999 renault clio
hi all, i was just wondering what the average price of a rear wheel bearing replacement usually cost? i have a 1.2 t reg clio and have just been quoted almost 70 pounds for parts, labour and vat. does this seem about right?
Thanks james! :D

1999 renault clio
i know a corsa b wheel bearing is only about 9 quid, but i was told it was going to be close to 30 for a clio one!

nah, they are lying to you mate, you can pick up a bearing kit between 10-15quid from eurocarparts, so any decent garage with a reputation with their supplier will be able to buy them at about £10 with discount off...

1999 renault clio
the garage im getting it done at i used to work for, apprentice spray painter, but i know nothing about mechanical side of things, so should i try somewhere else?

1999 renault clio
they also said it would be 1.1 hours of labour? ive help change one before but it didnt take anywhere near that long!

^that's for cheapo ones though, good quality are £25 a go

the garage im getting it done at i used to work for, apprentice spray painter, but i know nothing about mechanical side of things, so should i try somewhere else?

not neccessarily if Fred is right (which he usually is) :hail:

but labour shouldn't cost £45 quid for a rear wheel bearing... they just remove the wheel, remove drum, press bearing out, press new bearing in, refit drum, then refit wheel.... Half hour tops unless they are useless shirley?

1999 renault clio
well i know they weren't the best but i didnt think they'd preform daylight robbery! Thanks guys, help truly appreciated!

1999 renault clio
Ohh, i dont suppose you know what could be casing a ticking noise coming from my engine? the oils at the perfect level, but it taps all through the rev range :S