ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your thoughts

2x 172 cups
Found a 06 197 in blue with white wheels, 3stamps in the book and 97k on the clock £2600
should I buy it or is it a risk ?
Thanks all.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Cheap Is always cheap for a reason !! Why do people on here keep thinking they can buy a minter for f**k all !!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Found a 06 197 in blue with white wheels, 3stamps in the book and 97k on the clock £2600
should I buy it or is it a risk ?
Thanks all.

I don't know the exact service schedule for a 197 but surely it should have more than 3 stamps in the book after 97k and 7 years?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I agree James hence my concerns! Cambelt just done though.

Hmmm depends where the belt was done to be honest. If there was proof it was done somewhere reputable then it's worth a punt at that price. But if it had, then it probably wouldn't be that cheap

BG V6, LY 182
Why's it been traded in? Something about to go pop?
Buy cheap buy twice is something i have learned and will now stick too.

On the other hand, could be a perfectly good reason for the person to trade it in. Could be a bargin and a shame to miss out.

Thing is though, no one will know untill its bought.

If you have a spare 2600 then yes, buy it get it done, take the risk.
Need to sell your car, and then depend on this to be a daily, don't bother. As you say, you have perfectly good 172.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That's a great price, personally I'd go for it.

I don't think cheap's always cheap for a reason. My first Clio 182 cost me £6,000 and it was a f**king heap, everything that could go wrong did. Got rid of it within 9 months as couldn't stand it any more. Bought another one a couple of years later for £1,800 and it's been an absolute diamond. Had it just over 2 years now and wanna keep it for a couple more!