ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I really shouldn.t like these guys as there's more than a hint of Essex Turkey teeth geezer about them, but they're actually quite likeable and have some really nice builds on there.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not my favourite YT channel or presenter but I found this quite interesting, talking about his background and how he got started in car journalism and how it led him to YT, he's nowhere near as irritating as Alex the person rather than 'AutoAlex', also nice to hear about the car show he setup in 12 days for a lad with stage 4 brain cancer.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Not my favourite YT channel or presenter but I found this quite interesting, talking about his background and how he got started in car journalism and how it led him to YT, he's nowhere near as irritating as Alex the person rather than 'AutoAlex', also nice to hear about the car show he setup in 12 days for a lad with stage 4 brain cancer.

Shame the interviewer is a bit s**t, kept cutting him off or glancing over stuff. Alex can be a bit overbearing at times on camera, but he's a decent guy and I'll always enjoy some dicking around with crap cars.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
That type of show doesn't need a wrench monkey. As per UK top gear of old and new. Not one, was handy with the spanners, more just entertainers.
True actually, suppose Marty appears to do most of the spanner work. Wonder if we'll be able to watch it easily in the UK, not sure if we ever got the original Aussie Top Gear episodes, at least I've never seen them.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
True actually, suppose Marty appears to do most of the spanner work. Wonder if we'll be able to watch it easily in the UK, not sure if we ever got the original Aussie Top Gear episodes, at least I've never seen them.
Ive seen some of them, but I think from YouTube maybe. So yeah, not sure normal UK TV will show anything.

Be interesting to see Moog interact with others. He's been star billing in his own show and has obvs been mates with Marty for a very long time.
However, if the layout of the presenters on that article is anything to go by, looks like he will be fronting it!
I hope it doesn't signal the end for MCM. Whilst it's not what it used to be, it's still very good.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You're saying it's a problem because he drives cars hard that may not be up to it?

Isn't that a standard day at the 'ring? There's no minimum mechanical NorthLoop worthiness measure that has to be met beforehand, so everyone takes that risk with every other car that's on track with them.

Don't they?

I think what I mean is, if he's not driving these cars, someone else will be. Does that make them all d*cks as well?

You're saying it's a problem because he drives cars hard that may not be up to it?

Isn't that a standard day at the 'ring? There's no minimum mechanical NorthLoop worthiness measure that has to be met beforehand, so everyone takes that risk with every other car that's on track with them.

Don't they?

I think what I mean is, if he's not driving these cars, someone else will be. Does that make them all d*cks as well?
He drives cars that he has no known history of, plus he pushes it to the max for his internet videos but then also says that you should take care on the ring. The guy is a walking contradiction, he should know better being a "professional racing driver" I mean you don't see Hans Stuck or Walter Rhorl out there do you? It'll end badly one day like I said and that's the feeling around that area too.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
He's not a good driver. He knows the Ring well and that's it. Totally different things.

The fact that a sim racer with little real world laps is quicker than him in the same race car says it all. Only a matter of time before he has a proper big shunt in TF and someone gets injured or worse.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
what's up with it. I saw a video in his second channel but he didn't say what the problem was.

I'm half way through, but looks like it's dropped either a rod or piston. I'm thinking he's just had it "tuned" in the UK, probably on 98RON, then filled it with pissy 87RON over there and spanked it on a drag strip.

Melty melty

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'm half way through, but looks like it's dropped either a rod or piston. I'm thinking he's just had it "tuned" in the UK, probably on 98RON, then filled it with pissy 87RON over there and spanked it on a drag strip.

Melty melty
oh dear.....it's all additional content though :ROFLMAO: