ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
The roof has started sinking where the holes were filled in.Headlights look w**k and need sanding, Crushed rear arch, Front bumper/ headlight cracked and wing scratched, Track rod end on drivers side is goosed, Something wrong with the ABS on passenger side. All in time for the MOT tomorrow lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The fact the fucker has broken down on way to work is a bit annoying. Dash lit up like xmas tree...then no wipers....then no speedo...then almost like limp mode without light....so now hasnt got power to turn it over. Had new battery 2 days ago after same issues and worked fine for a day...now this. When she'a fine, she doesnt miss a beat. First problem in 2 years...but still unwanted/unwelcome!

172 berg, Fabia VRS
I know the feeling don, mine broke down on saturday night and didnt find out what the problem was until wednesday! Turned out to be a 30 amp fuse had blown, i spend 3 days checking everything and it was something as small as that lol

320d
Headlight washer pump and leaking exhaust. Both should be sorted tomorrow.

Other than that it appears ​to be fine.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
My DCi is fine....

.... apart from the f*kin sunroof! The rattles! sometimes it does somtimes it doesn't. Just seems to be if its frozen then when its de-freezing I feel like punching my fist right through it.

Chocolate Orange 172
Throttle body and blowing exhaust just past the cat, not done NEARLY as many changes and modifications as I would like, but other than that she is running happily :race:

Edition 30
The Clio:

Headlights want correcting.
My rear number plate needs putting back on properly.
My doorcard needs taking off, fiddling with and putting back on right.
Wheel refurb and swap fronts to rear etc..

The MX-5:

New wing mirrors.
Roof clip needs sorting.
New wipers.

Ibiza SC
Blowing exhaust, plus clunks at random intervals on speedhumps
Washers don't work
'Juddering' when braking slowly, possibly bleeding brakes may be required
Whine when starting up, could be water pump struggling
Clutch becoming heavier

Seeing other peoples issues make me feel a lot better about mine, they're normal :D! Plus almost 95k so not surprised the wear and tear is happening.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I know the feeling don, mine broke down on saturday night and didnt find out what the problem was until wednesday! Turned out to be a 30 amp fuse had blown, i spend 3 days checking everything and it was something as small as that lol

The car has been diagnosed with knackered alternator...so that is booked in for Monday. Just got one from renparts/cliospares as was and they sorted me out with one damn cheap...and £15 next working day delivery...so fair play to them. Its not much to go wrong really...so I will be back in love with the car by Tuesday hopefully. After all, its a relatively cheap hot hatch with a lot of toys sapping power...so its done well in 7 years. So I shouldnt really grumble. :)

Megane 225
Smashed front spoiler (cat)
smashed rear spoiler (cat)
passenger footwell lights dont work
ripped recaro seat

mondeo titanium tdci
1. Needs cambelt dephaser water pump aux belt
2. Ktec engine mounts
3. Spark plugs
4. A bit more carbon fibre :)

1. Exhaust is rattling(scorpian) from what sounds like the middle of the car.
2. A squeaking noise from drivers side wheel / suspension ? ive booked it in to be checked out .

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Washers blocked (somewhere in the pipework, need to get the washer bottle out to do it)
Squeaks like f**k when cold (Clutch?)
SERV and airbag light.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
No heaters!! picking a new resistor unit tomorrow hopefully that solves it!
could do with some new brakes but at the minuite i dont use them so no point!

R26
Dash vent rattles.Exhaust mount (I think) squeaking.Filthy.Need New wipers.Large-ish car park ding I have a pile ready to go and sort it but it's too bloody cold right now.

Clio 182
New subframe, hand brake cables, n/s front bearing, gearbox dog bone mount, anti roll bar bushes, new brake light unit and a service.That's my essential stuff, you dont wanna see my 'picky' to do list..!

Balljoint, exhaust leak and passenger door. 2 easy fixes 1 notso easy or cheap just hoping I can find one thats a good colour match so I don't have to get it painted.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Air con needs regasing, will be done before summer
cracked passenger wing mirror needs changing
annoying scratches that I've noticed while cleaning.
Key fob stopped working
driver door never locks with key fob (when fob was working)

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Serv + airbag light have back on so need to check the connection underseat again.
Track rod ends being changed Monday.
Replace decat, due to M.O.T and its slightly blowing.
Wet and dry headlights and just a dam good hoovering and a full on wash..

Still wouldnt change it for nothing either...

Alien Green 200
Belts and dephaser, booked in for 23rd
Dogbone needs replacing
Washer pump needs replacing
Exhaust rattle needs fixing
Rear shocks need changing

Thats about it. Oh and it needs tax and insurance end of this month.