ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats this cable?

3 Series touring
hi, was installing a new h/u today and next to the fm antenna wire , just on top of the heater switches was a cable that looked like this
109_590.jpg
what is it for
cheers

3 Series touring
i know that, but where does it go, i meant that its attatched to the car itself, not any headunit.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well its a 3 channel jack plug,
so i wouldnt have thought it would be for any usual audio,

many headunits have a jack port in the rear for connecting the steering wheel stalk up to, its weird but it may be along those lines,

you tried the manual??
ino its not the manly way but sometimes we have to just admit defeat

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
just re read ur post,
i would put my money on it being for the stalk mate,

has it had any headunits in it before??
i know sony headunits connect to the stalk via a jack, previous owner may have fitted the adaptor,

reading your other posts i have a theory,
a previous owner may have invested in a headunit and wanted the stalk to work,

so they invested in a adaptor, either they were too complicated a fit to take out, or they forgot about it.

when they came to sell the car, they ripped the old headunit out and shuved the oem one in there,

would explain the plug, and why your stalk doesnt work with the oem headunit,

was it plugged into anything in the standard unit? if so my theorys out the water :(

Last edited:
  3 Series touring
ahaa! did a bit more digging around, and eventually pulled out an autoleads Connects2 box,
is there any easy way of finding out which brand of stereo it works with , as i now have a beat550, and may aswell remove the connects2 and sell it :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
id troll it to a car audio shop,

or call in favours with all ur mates different aftermarket cd players,

so was i right for once? :D

my vote would be sony or pioneer,
dont quote me on that tho