ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this and why's oil on the bottom?

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Can anyone tell me what this is?
It's on the passenger side of the radiator - under the airbox on my Mk2 172.
I realise that it might not be leaking itself - so can anyone tell me what the liquid is and where it's likely to be coming from?

Cheers,

Andrew

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 140
Me thinking engine oil too...

Maybe a weaping rocker gasket or something !!!

Maybe i'm wrong..

You had any gaskets changed or work done to car lately ?

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Had the throttle body changed by Rentech, but that's all.
Looked round the engine and doesn't *seem* to be coming from anywhere around the top of the engine - I guess I'll have to remove the airfilter box and have a look down..

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
if you look at the area circled yellow you'll see it is damp up there too, so its coming from above the condenser
oil.jpg

Was a 197
wipe the stuff off and see if it comes back

the stuff circuled looks like engine oil.

dunno about the other (looks like rust!!!!!)

u could take it back to the place where u had the throttle body done and play ur face up

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Right, I've taken off the airfilter box and had a look down.
It looks to me like oil leaking from the condenser - there is no oil anywhere else locally to the condenser. If it was engine oil or gearbox oil it would have to be sprayed onto it and it would make mess all over the place.

My question now is, how serious is it? Should I get it looked at straight away?
There seems to be a bolt on top of the condenser which I haven't tightened up but looks bit suspect.

Cheers for the posts so far.