ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the most you've ever brought a dealer down by...

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
As title really when you have been at the dealer what is the most you have ever reduced the asking price of the car? Give starting and ends prices as well! Cheers guys! Let the competition begin ;)

Ed

2002 DCi 65
2 Cars i've had out of the trader

Impreza Sport - asking price = £1950, i offerd him £1300 after going to see it...he didnt accept, we haggled and met at £1500

My CLio DCi - Asking price £2255 - i offered £1800 after going to see it, we haggled and met at £1900

i hate paying full price for anything!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
i didn't exactly get the asking price any lower, but i got a £325 supergard treatment for nothing

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
182, got it for 12500. list is about 15,500 iirc? so same as rich

Lotus Elise 111R
My first elise, bought it from a non lotus dealer who had no clue who bought them, he had it up for £22,995. Test drove it, and showed genuine interest, he could'nt believe it. Said I was'nt paying £20k, he said make an offer....

I already knew the trade in price was approx £19500, so suggested we start there....he stuck his hand out to shake at £19750 to cover his costs and save the embarassment of giving it to a Lotus dealer to sell.

To crown it off, he pulled a hard top out of the garage which came with it free, and I sold that for £700.

All in all a good deal for everyone I thought....apart from the guy who traded it in after 4.5k miles for a golf diesel....

Got £700 of a ex demo from a Renault dealer yesterday. £8999 and got it for £8300.

Edit: I managed to get £1200 off my used 182 from Renault though.

Last edited:
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
by bro got about 700 isn total off the car, well that was the car down from £4995, to £4695, the damaged alloys swapped for the best of the alloys from one of the reduced to clear clios ( a dci 81, f*cked paint but mint alloys), 3 brand new tyres, a new windscreen, supaguard treatment, car mats, half a tank and buncha flowers and a weeks insurance. and that was just my mum doing all the haggling for the rest of the stuff i knocked off the £300 because of a ding in the door and what i told him was high miles(30k on a 54)
i find it usually helps when you research the car, and go in knowing more about them than the dealer, but then again on some it can work aginst you. In Andys case, it went in our favour as i knew more about the whole range than the renault dealer did and he just sorta took my word for it and just knocked off the £300 and when ive been looking for the new car I'm looking at buying, i've been going about the dealers to see what ones they have in stock and what deals are going, and one i was talking too i kind of embarrassed with his lack of knowledge, and he offered me a cracking deal. i tried it in another dealers and he basically told me to go F*ck my self ( mind you that was arnold clark so i kinda expected it)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My first elise, bought it from a non lotus dealer who had no clue who bought them, he had it up for £22,995. Test drove it, and showed genuine interest, he could'nt believe it. Said I was'nt paying £20k, he said make an offer....

I already knew the trade in price was approx £19500, so suggested we start there....he stuck his hand out to shake at £19750 to cover his costs and save the embarassment of giving it to a Lotus dealer to sell.

To crown it off, he pulled a hard top out of the garage which came with it free, and I sold that for £700.

All in all a good deal for everyone I thought....apart from the guy who traded it in after 4.5k miles for a golf diesel....

lol, has he got anymore Lotus's?:eek:

Clio 182
£850 of a private dealer 2nd hand!

Was advertising £7250 - '04 182
Finally got him down to £6400!

woohoo :approve:

Black Gold with cup packs
I had my 197cup with all optional extras for £13,300. £16995 if it was full retail! £3695 saving on a new car! I know a few peoiple had good deals on the 197's

about £1500 of my next car, which is about 10%, but its the other bits of the deal which are the good bits for me ;)

E87 118d M Sport
when i bought the corsa it was on autotrader for 4400,
got to the garage and was 4200, did a deal for 4000 and i said i wanted a valet (which they did) and he said he would give 12 months MOT from when i bought it, and in that MOT it needed 2 front tyres.
picked it up with half a tank of petrol too. not a bad day!!!

182 Clio
Talked down the Renault dealer in Leeds from 15500 down to 11500 for a 1*2, and this made the deal of the month in Whatcar?!
Also got both cup packs and a full tank of petrol!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Getting money off brand new is easier as dealers have plenty of margin/volume bonus, etc to play with :)

I managed to get my Z3M down from £14,995 to £12,750 - and that was 2nd hand, off a dealer. Also got all the wheels refurbed, 2 new tyres, a service and 12 months extra warranty ...

Bargaintastic ;)

197 R27 F1 Team
brand new r27 for 16260 with:
ly paint and stickers
tunepoint
bluetooth
rear park sensors
climate
xenons
auto lights and wipers
elec folding mirrors
smokers pack

car was brand new and unregistered, none of that preregistered crap lol

Turbos.
My VX220 was up for about £11.5k, i got it for £9750. Can't beat my dad though, getting £9k off his NSX! It had been sitting around so long it missed a service, but still silly money to get off a S/H car.

Audi S1
When i owned my Saxo VTR, the dealer offered me £1200... i was like erm NAH in the end i got him up to £2000 then would of paid £3000 for the clio 172. I didnt go through with it in the end, Sold the saxo for £2330 ;) then brought a mint condition 172 for £4500, then applied some mods with the extar cash :p