ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the most ideal MacBook for photographers.

Italian 3.2 V6
So as I'm getting Full Frame 6d next. I want a MacBook which is up for the job for editing software, has good screen quality etc etc. what spec MacBook should I look for?

il just be looking for one 2nd hand, just don't want to buy one which will struggle to cope with what I need it for.

No budget.. Just want the cheapest MacBook that's up for the job.

cheers.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
It would ideally want a retina display, 8gb ram, at least an i5 and a SSD.

Clio 197 RB
So as I'm getting Full Frame 6d next. I want a MacBook which is up for the job for editing software, has good screen quality etc etc. what spec MacBook should I look for?

il just be looking for one 2nd hand, just don't want to buy one which will struggle to cope with what I need it for.

No budget.. Just want the cheapest MacBook that's up for the job.

cheers.

Have a look in the Apple section and there's a link for Student Discount. Got about £200 of my MacBook Pro Retina!!

I have a MacBook Air with decent ram, SSD and it has been brilliant for the year or so I've had it.
So nice to use and a great screen too!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I have a Macbook pro unibody 2012 model, 250gb SSD and 500gb HDD (fitted instead of CD-ROM) 16gb Ram i5 2.4 and its done me proud, its dented to hell, bent in places and used heavily but it does everything I need it to.

I will change to retina at some point but currently I like the MBP unibody because I can replace parts if I need to myself where as the retina and the Air's aren't as easy to pull apart.

I have a Macbook pro unibody 2012 model, 250gb SSD and 500gb HDD (fitted instead of CD-ROM) 16gb Ram i5 2.4 and its done me proud, its dented to hell, bent in places and used heavily but it does everything I need it to.

I will change to retina at some point but currently I like the MBP unibody because I can replace parts if I need to myself where as the retina and the Air's aren't as easy to pull apart.

Matt I have the same and have been thinking about swapping out the optical drive for an additional hd, is this easy to do? I have seen the guides! Did you do it yourself?

i also understand I could buy another ssd and raid them?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Matt I have the same and have been thinking about swapping out the optical drive for an additional hd, is this easy to do? I have seen the guides! Did you do it yourself?

i also understand I could buy another ssd and raid them?

Yea I did it myself took all of about 5 minutes. I went for a HDD over an SSD as SSD's are limited on how many times you write to them, they may last years but I write alot more to my secondary drive more than my main drive and don't want to risk anything. I think you can raid them however depending on how you raid it you would only end up with mirrored drives not extra capacity.

I bought the adapter off amazon I think, cost around £15.