ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the difference between a 172 and a 172 cup?

:cool: i have just bought a clio 172 cup and i just wondered what the difference is between the cup and the standard 172? any1 help please!! :dead:

Clio 172 Cup
thanks m8. any difference in performance?

There is quite a difference between the two but i would'nt open that can of worms mate! Im sure when people buy either they make an informed choice and are aware of each cars strengths and weaknesses.
Having owned a phase 1 previously when I went on the hunt for my next Clio I tried quite a few 172ff, 182's and 172 cups. IMO the phase 2ff felt very pedestrian compared to the phase 1, 182 was better but really did'nt fancy/ need all the toys. For me the cup made the most sense, felt almost as quick as the phase 1 but with a far superior chassis. As a "drivers car" it for me was the one to go for, even thought i ended up spending more on a 172cup than I would have buying a newer 182 with more toys.

As I say each to their own, there all great cars!

lol. im just going to put a full exhaust system on it. any idea on how to make it pop and bang and maybe even shot the odd flame or 2! ha ha;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You buy the one you like - simples!

I tried several 172's, cups, 182's before I chose one - none of them felt any faster/slower than each other - if anything the 172 I bought in the end drove the best.

MCS R56
You buy the one you like - simples!

I tried several 172's, cups, 182's before I chose one - none of them felt any faster/slower than each other - if anything the 172 I bought in the end drove the best.

That's what all 172 owners say!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Fly by wire electronic throttle. Phase 1 uses a cable. Both problematic eventually. Cable = purist option.