ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the best way to lower my 182 ??

RB clio 182
I want to get my car sitting lower so the wheels fill the arches.

Whats the best way to do so ??

Springs or coilovers ??

Not looking to spend much, but obviously cheap coilovers will ruin the handling so im thinking of some springs...

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well if i was you id save up and go for coilovers. Ive got springs on my 1.2 and it ruins the handling and eventually will make the dampers worse etc. if you get coilovers that will make the car better handling than standard id say but then they can cost a fair amount of money! Id get coilovers or nothing if i was you :)

Coilovers ftw! I've got FK Konigsports on my 182 and can't fault them. Very comfortable and handling is great! Depends on your budget though really.

Coilovers for a proper set up and proper lows. But decent packages are not cheap.

I went for springs. Eibach Sportlines are a very popular choice. They are a bit stiffer and on paper they lower by approx 30mm, how exact that figure is I do not know.

Or you could go for the other Eibach springs. Prolines I think. They go a little lower but sacrifice some comfort.

RB clio 182
Ok so which are the best springs to go for ??

Im going to put some 15's on the car so need some decent lows !!

If i was to buy some coilovers, what are the ktec ones like or possibly the weitec ones ??

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Coilovers for a proper set up and proper lows. But decent packages are not cheap.

I went for springs. Eibach Sportlines are a very popular choice. They are a bit stiffer and on paper they lower by approx 30mm, how exact that figure is I do not know.

Or you could go for the other Eibach springs. Prolines I think. They go a little lower but sacrifice some comfort.
No. Prolines don't go as low as sportlines.

107 Track Car & C4
I've got Eibach Sportlines on mine and they seem pretty good to me. Never tried coilovers though, so can't compare. If it is just for lows', I'd just go for a set of springs personally.

RB clio 182
So if i get some 15's will sportline springs go low enough for the wheels to look good or will it look like a 4X4

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
Always coilovers for me :) depending on your budget, but you can generally get at least one decent set within each price range :)

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
I think it looks ok. Eibach Sportlines
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346854962.966506.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346855011.565003.jpg

WR1 impreza
I had Apex on my 182 and they were hard as hell but they gave me what i wanted, lows.

They were fine for road use as i couldnt justify coilovers and they were cheap. Looooads of people hate them but they didnt half make the car look mint. I ran mine for 6yrs btw

RB clio 182
Thanks all,

Really good help.

Theres a chap that has some wheels in the for sale section currently that im looking at buying.

If I get the wheels, I will be buying springs next month depending on which springs seem best !!!

RB clio 182
If i use the sportlines will it ruin the handling ??

Im guessing it will knacker the shocks quite quickly aswell ??