ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the best option: selling a new car

Only had my brand new clio a few weeks yet circumstances have changed and need to get rid of it. Its a 2005 (05) plate, Clio 1.2 16v Extreme 4, with two extras (metallic black paint, CD player). Its done 300 miles and been lowered 30mm. I bought it for £8000 brand new from Camden Renault, although the list price is £8600 I believe.

Now, what options do I have as to getting the most back for my car? I know Im going to make a loss but I want to make that loss as small as possible. Now do I...

-Sell privately

-Sell it back to the dealer

-Sell it to an independent trader

Whats the best option and how much should I be looking for?

Thanks, Dave.

sell private will give you your best return as dealers will not give a hoot that it is only a few weeks old. Be prepared for a big hit thou as imho the min you will loose is the vat & car tax :(

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

I had this problem,My grandad brought a brand new Almera then went & passed away a week later! Tried to take the car back to the dealer and they wouldnt even consider buying it back off us-which we wernt to happy about.So went for a private sale for about 1500 less than he paid for it.

Sell it private is the best way Id guess youd get £7k for it though.
Best get it back to standard though.