ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats quicker v6 or 182

Clio v6

If they are both doing 155 mph then neither is faster.

Oh hang on a minute, I think Ive forgot something.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by James on 08 August 2005
If they are both doing 155 mph then neither is faster.

Oh hang on a minute, I think Ive forgot something.

Thats very true, but the question asked was which is quickest, not fastest.;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

unless you are on a very long autobahn you will never see speeds of 155, not on a trackday or even an airfield or runway, it would take a while to wind it up there.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 08 August 2005
Well the 182 cant do 155So thats sorted...

No?

Thats not very quick then.

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes but tom we are talking about quickest, not fastest so it doesnt really matter.

around a track a 182 is likely to win every time, in any other situation the V6 wins, so they are both winners really.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by James on 08 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 08 August 2005Well the 182 cant do 155So thats sorted...

No?

Thats not very quick then.

No James, its not very fast.

Clio v6

Quickness ? Will one car go from 140 to 155 quicker than the other? Which car will get there quicker?

At 140 they will still be fast I guess.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 08 August 2005

yes but tom we are talking about quickest, not fastest so it doesnt really matter.

around a track a 182 is likely to win every time, in any other situation the V6 wins, so they are both winners really.

Depends really, if it was an oval the v would win

I am beginning to question the motives in starting this thread. Its like a track day, going round and round and round and round, but nobodys winning because its not a race.....

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 08 August 2005yes but tom we are talking about quickest, not fastest so it doesnt really matter.around a track a 182 is likely to win every time, in any other situation the V6 wins, so they are both winners really.Depends really, if it was an oval the v would win[/QUOTE]

An oval is like this thread.

Im bored now, if someone sorts out some timed track time PM me and Ill provided the quickest car.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Trackdays are for fun, both cars are fun on a near equal measure IMHO.

The thread is pretty pointless, nobody is actually going to race thier standard 182s and vs on a track, thats just stupid.

The v is of course quicker in certain situations as is the 182.

But then im pretty sure i could beat a diablo through the center of london....but do i care?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 08 August 2005

Depends really, if it was an oval the v would win

An oval is like this thread.

Im bored now, if someone sorts out some timed track time PM me and Ill provided the quickest car.
to make it a little more fair Lee we could even use a full fat 182, maybe one without the cup packs or even a 172?

Id be up for it, infact dont worry, I already have loads of vids of me passing V6s at track days as it is, dont need any more really.:p

dk

911 GTS Cab

Trackdays are for fun, both cars are fun on a near equal measure IMHO.

The thread is pretty pointless, nobody is actually going to race thier standard 182s and vs on a track, thats just stupid.

The v is of course quicker in certain situations as is the 182.

But then im pretty sure i could beat a diablo through the center of london....but do i care?

Tom take a chill pill, this is a funny thread with a lot of playful banter, no need to get stressed.

If it was an argument it would have been locked or removed by now.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Trackdays are for fun, both cars are fun on a near equal measure IMHO.The thread is pretty pointless, nobody is actually going to race thier standard 182s and vs on a track, thats just stupid.The v is of course quicker in certain situations as is the 182.But then im pretty sure i could beat a diablo through the center of london....but do i care?

The thread is fun - thats the point of it!

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 08 August 2005Trackdays are for fun, both cars are fun on a near equal measure IMHO.The thread is pretty pointless, nobody is actually going to race thier standard 182s and vs on a track, thats just stupid.The v is of course quicker in certain situations as is the 182.But then im pretty sure i could beat a diablo through the center of london....but do i care?Tom take a chill pill, this is a funny thread with a lot of playful banter, no need to get stressed.If it was an argument it would have been locked or removed by now.[/QUOTE]

Aint that the truth!

E90

Which one was faster when the stig drove em round the top gear track??

Let that decide it.

My out the box 172 would own all of u, its superfast, i think the made a special one for me, it has a secret squirrel turbo, scssschhhhhhhh. it has 300 bhp at the rear wheels.

Topic: whats quicker v6 or 182

Neither, its MikeC in his power ranger suit on his goped on the way to the blue oyster bar!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 08 August 2005

Topic: whats quicker v6 or 182

Neither, its MikeC in his power ranger suit on his goped on the way to the blue oyster bar!!
This is true, nothing is faster.

dk

911 GTS Cab

god, justa s i think this is about to drop off the bottom for good someone keeps bloody bumping it!

*182 is quicker though

Renault Laguna Coupe

^^^ Spa has lots of bends but a Vee will obliterate a 182 round there...

*keeps the thread alive for Dave ;-)*

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 09 August 20th
But the V6 is better, and yall know it!!! ;-p

Yeah I agree, now R.I.P please...#

glad thats sorted...

Simon. ;)

sorry Omar, did I miss quote you...lol

just p/x my mk 1 v6 for a 172 (only cause the car had no space) the 172 is alot faster round corners but would have no chance on the straight. there is no way i would have drove my v6 like i drive my 172. Am gutted about getting rid only had the 172 for 2 weeks and already looking at getting another.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by matty223 on 13 August 2005

just p/x my mk 1 v6 for a 172 (only cause the car had no space) the 172 is alot faster round corners but would have no chance on the straight. there is no way i would have drove my v6 like i drive my 172. Am gutted about getting rid only had the 172 for 2 weeks and already looking at getting another.
tis true, it no racing tale as such but im my 172 its funny to watch people hard on the breaks upto a roundabout trying to scrub off 80-100mph in time almost all cars have to break really early in the 172 you just break when you want and take speed back out of the otherside of the bend, so easy to build up speed.

if it takes 3-5 secs longer to get to 80 than a real high powered saloon it really doesnt matter because once your at that speed you can maintain it with much more confidence than the high powered car drivers dare.

basically the only thing that has left me ever on a 10 min run was an STI PPP UK300 that was really quick however i was taking bends only 5-7mph slower than that !! just had awesome grip out of the bends and powered out. still if i was a better driver im sure a 182cup could beat a V6 on real roads (im talking ultra naff yorkshire b roads)

(btw i had adjustable suspension against the scoob but he had the prodrive pack)

Renault ChaVio

I thought it was generally accepted that the 182 (and even 172) was as quick if not quicker than the V6?

The main difference is that the V6 is a more grown up experience. A challenging drivers car with a great sound track and a lot of visual presence. It isnt really a Clio. I think most people would be happy to be seen in one.

With the 172/182 you get the best hot hatchback out there and a lot of bangs for your buck. But it is still a cheap little car originally designed for women and old people to drive in Europe fetching their shopping and hiring when on holiday. Renault have done amazing things with it to make it as good as it is from such a humble starting point.