ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats quicker v6 or 182

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 04 August 2005

v6 is the better car and you POOR peasants know it!!
when i want ot be noticed i take the Lime green Gallardo out.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

For the money it costs for a V6 i would have my old EVO (£18k 53 plate)

=presence

=cost

But would leave it for dead in all situation apart from fuel comsuption.

clio v6

EVO.....POOH!!....the Vee still causes traffic to stop....

only daves gallardo or an enso would cause this.........

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 04 August 2005

[Edited by dave182 on 04 August 2005 at 3:33pm]

But hang on, given the choice I would choose to drive around in the V6 every day of the week!

or the Gallardo of course...lol

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 04 August 2005

V6 0-60 faster

V6 0-100 faster

V6 Top speed faster.

V6 with Stig on track (taking off 4 seconds due to wet track) faster

182, Great for easier handling in the hands of a novice.

Damn I did say I wouldnt join this damn thread either, well that my bit done...

Simon.
now hang on m8, on the last topgear an F1 driver (cant remember the name of the guy) said it was no way 4 seconds off in the wet even in the liana they use. he didnt say what it would be but clarkson was arguing about it with him and he was adamant its more like 2 secs max in the wet if that.

so what time did the V6 get ? - 2 secs

what time did hte 182 get

can someone work it out as i dont have the track times.

that was for the underpowered celebs car....NOT a 255bhp car ( with tricky wet weather handling)...mate, please try and get your fact right....btw the gap was 2.4 seconds

And dont you even know who Mark Webber is then? lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 04 August 2005

A good cup will outpace a V6 on and off the track - no argument .........and you V6 owners know it.

Thats obviously why they get so touchy. They should just admit they prefer looks over performance. ;) :p

maybe it because we know you are incorrect...;):p

The V6 255 has more power to weight and 100nm more torque, which equals more torque per tonne also..

Although i have to say that mine is a road car and doubt i will ever take it on the track, if I wanted a track car I would buy a ATOM.... :) or something similar

Simon

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 04 August 2005

also the cup would be faster than a 182 most likley on a track, and the trophy (yet to be tested) faster still.

It was the 182 with cup pack on Top Gear

there are soooo many cars that have better power figures but cant cut it on cornering and braking

Like the 225 Megane....

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 04 August 2005 Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 04 August 2005 A good cup will outpace a V6 on and off the track - no argument .........and you V6 owners know it.
[/QUOTE]

Thats obviously why they get so touchy. They should just admit they prefer looks over performance. ;) :p maybe it because we know you are incorrect...;):pThe V6 255 has more power to weight and 100nm more torque, which equals more torque per tonne also..Although i have to say that mine is a road car and doubt i will ever take it on the track, if I wanted a track car I would buy a ATOM.... :) or something similarSimon [/QUOTE]

So that doesnt really put you in the best position to comment in this thread then. Unlike the countless 172/182 drivers who have been on track with and in a V6.

Download some of my videos and see how many V6 pass me and how many I pass. ;)

Im not putting the V6 down, its a truly amazing car, unique and extremely desirable, people just have to realise its focus isnt the track based setup unlike the Trophy. If the Trophy wasnt better on track then Renault would have got something very wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 04 August 2005

For the money it costs for a V6 i would have my old EVO (£18k 53 plate)

=presence

=cost

But would leave it for dead in all situation apart from fuel comsuption.

NO EVOs and SCOOBIES are way to CHAVY these days, i see no end being driven by them, wya to comon, but I agree they are fast.....

A good cup will outpace a V6 on and off the track - no argument .........and you V6 owners know it.

Thats obviously why they get so touchy. They should just admit they prefer looks over performance. ;) :p

The V6 255 has more power to weight and 100nm more torque, which equals more torque per tonne also..

Although i have to say that mine is a road car and doubt i will ever take it on the track, if I wanted a track car I would buy a ATOM.... :) or something similar

Simon

So that doesnt really put you in the best position to comment in this thread then. Unlike the countless 172/182 drivers who have been on track with and in a V6.

Im not putting the V6 down, its a truly amazing car, unique and extremely desirable, people just have to realise its focus isnt the track based setup unlike the Trophy. If the Trophy wasnt better on track then Renault would have got something very wrong.

No I still reckon it just down to the drivers, put the stig in there and the V6 would win.

So V6 faster, but not that many can use it.....so 182 is best to own if you like a shopping trolly looking car thats easy to drive and fast on SMALL AND TWISTY track....lol ;)

Simon

oh, and i wouldnt even say the V6 was that good looking, semi vulgar and nothing looks as body kittish as the fibre glass slapped all over them......and those silver vents.....ergh.

V6 fills a niche, and its not a track orientated one.

Simon

No I still reckon it just down to the drivers, put the stig in there and the V6 would win.

So V6 faster, but not that many can use it.....so 182 is best to own if you like a shopping trolly looking car thats easy to drive and fast on SMALL AND TWISTY track....lol ;)

Simon
lend me your v6, and lee, lend me your trophy..........

Lee

BMW M2C

I love your blind faith in the car. lol

If it makes you feel better Simon yes, thats correct.

And yes the Clio is very understated and a shopping trolley. The V is ostentatious but still a shopping trolly underneath.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 04 August 2005

Simon

Simon

Go buy your own....have you ever owned one then??

actually, its a cheap rep car in the back, and a shopping trolley in the front.

Its the rep car is the back that has always let it down.

Simon

Simon

Go buy your own....have you ever owned one then??
i have never spent my own money on a v6, mk1 or mk2, but we did run a dealership and i had the choice of 172/v6 every day i worked there.

Im just giving my honest opinion, nothing wrong with the v6, except that in this one area, its not the fastest clio. I dont see why it is so hard to accept? Nobody is saying its sh*t.......

You choose your car, you pay for it, but just because its yours doesnt have to mist any views. Im the most unbias person, and i WILL like and praise the best car.......i dont own either, so i dont have any loyalties to either clio.....or even renault........pass me a Honda anyday tbh.

The new integra type R isnt as fast as the old, a williams is faster than a Turbo 2.......yadda yadda yadda.

so power to weight and torque mean nothing then? why do people bother with more power and less weight then?

V6 255 has more of both, so that would tell you thats its faster, but maybe not on a track unless driven by a very good driver then?

CLIO 182

Power at Flywheel (BHP) :

Weight without Driver (KG) :

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) :

0 - 60 (Secs) :

0 - 100 (Secs) :

60 - 100 (Secs) :

Quarter Mile (Secs) :

Terminal Speed (MPH) :

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) :

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) :

CLIO 255

Power at Flywheel (BHP) :

Weight without Driver (KG) :

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) :

0 - 60 (Secs) :

0 - 100 (Secs) :

60 - 100 (Secs) :

Quarter Mile (Secs) :

Terminal Speed (MPH) :

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) :

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) :

from the "performance calculator" not dead on but close from what I have read... :)

NOT SURE WHY I LET MYSELF GET DRAGGED INTO THIS BLOODY THREAD AGAIN?

Simon

EVO VII

This THREAD has made me LOL

So a clio 182 can do 0 - 60 in 5.8 and a 1/4 in 14.2 ???? thats strange because when i took my mates 182 down the strip i couldnt even get into the 14s :D

Lee

BMW M2C

What makes me laugh is that this thread ended earlier when those V6 owners who actually drive there cars and those 182 owners who also drive there cars came to exactly the same conclusion.

The V6 would require a much better driver to outperform a 182 on track. Unless it was somewhere like Silverstone Id be amazed if even then it could beat a Trophy.

Ive not come to that conclusion based on some facts Ive read on the internet, its from being on track alongside them. What paper figures dont show is power delivery, braking distances, the way a car changes direction, the speed at which it can corner.

Yes the V6 is quicker on the 1/4 mile, but it bloody well should be with 255bhp.

You got dragged in by your blinkered opinions. lol

Lee hit the nail on the head!

bhp/ton and torque means nothing on its own.

For instance, an example in the extreem, My shifter Kart would literally jerk and spit and fart until you hit 11,000rpm....yes, 11,000rpm.........however, with about 600bhp/ton....even that would be out accelerated by an 80cc cadet kart until i spluttered along and hit the power band, by which time he would be about 1 corner ahead. extreem.....but points out a point.

The v6 makes more power and torque, but delivery is slow, plainfully slow, throttle response is slow. Throw it a chicane and it stumbles, tightning radius corners, trail braking, a polar moment of inertia which only helps generate understeer, a heavy rear and light front....its not the most dynamic of vehicles.

And standing start, v6 will cane....its rwd and has the benefit of traction from those massive tyres, weight shift that only helps........but the diff from actual rolling acceleration isnt as big a diff as a 1/4 mile would suggest.

Again, not sl*gging the v6, but on the topic of which is fastest.......those are the factors you have to look at. How fast is it, not how fast can it stop people at the zebra crossing.

Quote: Originally posted by JayGTT on 04 August 2005

This THREAD has made me LOL

So a clio 182 can do 0 - 60 in 5.8 and a 1/4 in 14.2 ???? thats strange because when i took my mates 182 down the strip i couldnt even get into the 14s :D
no...........it cant, read it again.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 04 August 2005

lol, Simon really needs to go do some homework before arguing with ben.
Why? I dont care what BenR says, hes NO god to me mate.

A car with MORE bhp per tonne, 100nm MORE torque is faster, simple.

The Trophy may have an edge on a track (twisty tight one) when driven by normal drivers, but thats all......

and the starter of this thread never asked about track times.

Simon.

lol, Simon really needs to go do some homework before arguing with ben.
Why? I dont care what BenR says, hes NO god to me mate.

phew

Only at the point it makes the 100nm more, as i tried to example.

The Trophy may have an edge on a track (twisty tight one) when driven by normal drivers, but thats all......

Ok, valid point. On an oval track the v6 is 100% faster.

and the starter of this thread never asked about track times.

What is faster?....how did this thread go on so long then......top speed, the v6 is faster.

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 04 August 2005lol, Simon really needs to go do some homework before arguing with ben.[/QUOTE]Why? I dont care what BenR says, hes NO god to me mate.A car with MORE bhp per tonne, 100nm MORE torque is faster, simple.The Trophy may have an edge on a track (twisty tight one) when driven by normal drivers, but thats all......and the starter of this thread never asked about track times. Simon.

No god correct
someone who knows a sh*tload more about cars than you yup. at the age you were sat in a sandpit ben was thrashing the sh*t out of go-karts etc, he was actually born clutching an air ratchet.

Only at the point it makes the 100nm more, as i tried to example.

Ok well the V6 make 300nm torque at only 4,600 rpm and the 182 has to get to 5,400 before it makes it 200nm....

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 04 August 2005
lost the will to live aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh! splat!

Mike im gutted i missed seeing/hearing yourt car in action. only got to see it stationary before you had to head home :cry:

at the age you were sat in a sandpit ben was thrashing the sh*t out of go-karts etc, he was actually born clutching an air ratchet.

christ how old is he then? because Im 40, so that makes him, what his 50s??? thought he was much younger for some reason?

Simon.

ok maybe i was a little vague. yes ben is younger but at the same age you would have been playing with action men sandpits or possibly lead soldiers and a hoop and stick ;) he was thrashing around in things with 4 wheels and an engine.

yup.

And its all about how you use it......what on earth would a 182 driver trying to go fast be doing at below 5000rpm, and vice versa for the v6.

Single figure statistics can only represent 1 single result from a single period in time, so using them in an arguement to define an answer isnt going to work.

Like i said time and time again, its my opinion.

golf r32 dsg

whoops it got abit nasty lol....

im swapping my 182 for a v6 cant wait pic it up tommorow morn....:)

im not bothered if my old 182 was quicker round a track im neva gona go on one anyway!!!

although i am goin to donnington hahahha.....

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 04 August 2005

simon, have you been on track in your V6?

No mate, not yet?work to much to have the time.... and may never, as I would get a proper track car for that (atom, radical or the like) although one doesnt need to drive an F1 car on a track to know its Fecking fast, just look at the power to weight and torque.....lol

Simon

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 04 August 2005

whoops it got abit nasty lol....

im swapping my 182 for a v6 cant wait pic it up tommorow morn....:)

im not bothered if my old 182 was quicker round a track im neva gona go on one anyway!!!

although i am goin to donnington hahahha.....

Im sure you will enjoy it, I do.....:D:D

Simon