ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats a decent compact digital camera?

dk

911 GTS Cab
fUbAr said:
i wasnt talking about zoom :S

eg: some 8mp cameras actually have a 6mp CCD, and use software interpulation to render the image, dividing pixels to give a similar output to 8mp...

you will never find Canon using interpulation.
i think thats not true, SOny do not use Interpolation, the ones that do that are Fuji, they always give a false CCD figure, sony always give the actual and effective CCD but never interpolated unless they have released a camera i don't know about with it?

dk

911 GTS Cab
ozzyo99 said:
Carl Zeiss maybe a good lens, and Sony may make mass market camera's, but you will NEVER see a professional photographer with Sony gear.

Canon/Nikon make the best camera's hands down, followed byKonica Minolta/Fuji/Pentax, but sure if your in Dixons you can pick yourself up a Sony.

And stop welling on a single point of my comment, .RAW photo's as i said may not be utilised by the majority of folk wanting a point and click, but given choice I personally would use .RAW on static scenery over another compression. Yes you wouldn't use it for trackdays, but thats a different type of photography all together.
hmmm, you have made my point though, we all know that for professionals they wouldn't consider a Sony but thats fine, SOny aren't in that market, they are in the consumer compact market which is exactly what we are talking about here for a cheap point and click camera, nothing more, nothing less. I own everything Sony but when it came to DSLR I had no thought of a Sony, only the Canon as thats what they are good at, SOny on the other hand are the best at compact cameras.

When it comes to compacts I have been selling them for years, I know very little about DSLR's but compacts I know about.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I have the 350D on a trustworthy Sony DSC-P71 baby for those times when I need a chuck about camera :)

106 GTi
Intresting opinions on RAW - the purpose of shooting RAW for me is the greater and very fine control it gives how the final images will look after post processing rather than what compression it puts on an image. Most point and shot users want the images straight of the camera without wanting the hassle of of the image workflow that shooting RAW involves.

dave182 said:
i think thats not true, SOny do not use Interpolation, the ones that do that are Fuji, they always give a false CCD figure, sony always give the actual and effective CCD but never interpolated unless they have released a camera i don't know about with it?

trust me, some of their cameras use interpolation.

i sell the things.