ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what would you do?

Clio 182
About two weeks ago a woman in a doggy 4x4 went into the back of my Clio. It did a fair bit of damage (needless to say hers was fine), and I’ve just herd from the insurance company that it’s a write off, gutted.

The car is a 51reg 172FF in flame red. It was in very good condition before the accident and therefore I think its worth between £3800 and £4000, which is what I will be looking to get from the insurance.

The damage to the car is repairable, I can get the lot done and back to good as new for about £700 from a local body shop run by a family friend.

I have a dilemma now, do I;

1. Take the payout from the insurance company and get myself another Clio?

or

2. Keep the car, repair it and take the money the insurance company will give me minus the salvage cost?

I know that if I keep the car I mite have trouble selling it but at the same time I know it is a good car that has been well looked after and maintained, full service and MOT done in December!

What would you do?????

53 Clio's & counting
if its going to cost more than 2k to buy it back and ix it then walk away mate, thousands of ph2s made you can get another one

do you mean, if the salvage price + the repairs = £2k+??

Yup. It'll be worth less if/when you ever sell it and you can probably just get another for £4k that hasnt been crashed anyway.

S'up to you. Totally depends how much the insurance company want for it.

E92 M3
thats wot i did you can make ur car better with the extra cash i think it depends on how long u wana keep the car for

if you keeping it a long time then the better car will be better for you

but if you are going to sell the car in a few months then you will lse out

Clio 182
Is option 2 not just buying it back?

172FF?

Yea option 2 is buying back and it is a 172FF.

i guess i should wait and see what they are gona offer me before i think about it to much. i guess it wold make more sence in the long term to buy a new one.

how much difference to the re-sale price would a cat-d make? -10%???

A ANIMAL
Yea option 2 is buying back and it is a 172FF.

i guess i should wait and see what they are gona offer me before i think about it to much. i guess it wold make more sence in the long term to buy a new one.

how much difference to the re-sale price would a cat-d make? -10%???

Try about 40%

182 FF
get the money off them, buy back your motor and repair it and pocket the extra cash

+1 iirc you can buy the car back for 10% of what its worth....so if they offer you £4000 for the car you should be able to buy it back for £400

Clio 182
+1 iirc you can buy the car back for 10% of what its worth....so if they offer you £4000 for the car you should be able to buy it back for £400

So based on that i would keep my car and get £3600 (4000-400=3600). That sounds like a lot of money back?