ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What V8???

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
A fried of mine has just mated a lexus 1UZ v8 with a manual 330d box for his S12, it's pretty awesome, I can get more info if required:)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing that small unless I decide I have a death Wish!

although the misses' Ka keeps looking tempting being as we are getting rid soon

Renault Clio 172 Cup
1uz-fe Toyota/Lexus
My soarer with streight pipes sounded absolutely insane!!!
Capable of 1000hp and 11000rpm from factory too so bullet proof!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That was going to be my next question.

These engines mentioned

The Audi, the BMW and the Lexus ones.
Which have the best OFF THE SHELF upgrades for them?

Customising everything gets tiresome

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I might be wrong but I think the Lexus engine can be supercharged quite easily.
This is true but most parts and kits have to be sourced from austrailia or america
But there fully forged with 6 bolt bearing caps so take the power easily
Think the company in Aus doing the kits is called bullet iirc

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
This is true but most parts and kits have to be sourced from austrailia or america
But there fully forged with 6 bolt bearing caps so take the power easily
Think the company in Aus doing the kits is called bullet iirc

I think you might find that with a lot of the options. Off-the-shelf tuning kits aren't easy to get here because there isn't the volume.

To be fair, his 200SX was pretty brutal even with the standard V8 in it. It had a decent chunk of mid-range grunt so could break traction with ease in pretty much any gear.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Please do. Thanks

His full build album is Here

Not sure wht it is set to privacy wise but I've attached a couple of pics showing the adapter plate, it was all homebrew driveway stuff, 330d manual box is needed because it has a 35mm input shaft whereas the petrol one only has 24mm I think he said.

15036404_1324154870930958_5120128007375353579_n.jpeg 15109415_1340585902621188_1367517414949651162_n.jpeg 15541640_1368134726532972_4834780706575256072_n.jpeg IMG_9033.jpg IMG_9083.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ffs that plate looks expensive lol
And I'm sick of making adaptor plates lol

Thanks for the pics though, and the info :up:

His full build album is Here

Not sure wht it is set to privacy wise but I've attached a couple of pics showing the adapter plate, it was all homebrew driveway stuff, 330d manual box is needed because it has a 35mm input shaft whereas the petrol one only has 24mm I think he said.
Could you find out what flywheel and clutch he used and whether he has a CAD drawing for the adaptor plate?
Thanks

Leon Cupra 300
Think it's the same 4.2 as the e38 mentioned earlier. They seem to be winning so far because they're cheapest lol.

Those 7 series have a v12 too lol

They're the 4.4.. good luck finding a manual for less than 5k

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
In what way? It will be an auto, but the bigger issue is it looks like this:
Kaw2iVX4FqJC136234281987P7501.jpg

In a way that I don't use it and use a manual lol.

I know full well what they look like and how much they weigh having changed an A4 DCT flywheel thing last weekend. Mahoosive things

In which case the auto box situation is:
  • You can fit a manual quattro box, which is no use outwith an audi
  • You can fit manual FWD box I believe, which is only useful for M-R layouts.
  • No RWD box exists which will bolt on
  • Flywheels arent common at all
So once again you're back to looking for a box, adaptor plate, clutch and flywheel, just like every other engine.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
In which case the auto box situation is:
  • You can fit a manual quattro box, which is no use outwith an audi
  • You can fit manual FWD box I believe, which is only useful for M-R layouts.
  • No RWD box exists which will bolt on
  • Flywheels arent common at all
So once again you're back to looking for a box, adaptor plate, clutch and flywheel, just like every other engine.

son of a diddly!

mid engined V8 RWD mk1 focus?

Leon Cupra 300
Even a rotter/scrap car?

They get snapped up in no time at all, years back when there were plenty and cheap the drift lads got hold of them and basically ruined them all.

Now even a scrapper will go for silly money, I'd say north of 3k just for the tuning gear, even the manual 535i's are silly money too even though it's a bit of a pointless engine.

Doesn't make sense to me, my mate has an auto 540i and it's a lovely thing.. there's no way it's any slower than a manual and it suits it perfect. They're a cruiser not a racer.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It seems it's just that. V8 engine with decent power and a manual box is difficult to come by without going American.

I'm assuming the auto box is useless for skids and generic fun or even a track car?