ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres for RS200?

Clio RS200
We've currently got the continental contisportcontact 3's all round. They've only lasted 10k miles on the fronts. Loads of tread on the back but fronts need replacing. What are you other 200 drivers using? What would you recommend as a decent tyre?

E92 325D
215/45/17

I have Hankook V12 EVO on the front of my 200. £70 a corner. Definately not half as good as the Contis as the price reflects...but...they arent as good thats for sure

Clio RS200
215/45/17

I have Hankook V12 EVO on the front of my 200. £70 a corner. Definately not half as good as the Contis as the price reflects...but...they arent as good thats for sure

I've tried Hancook on another car and couldn't get on with them. Need a try before you buy tyre centre :/ They may have up'ed their game I guess you had any problems with them?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I'm running cs 5 on the front cs3 at the rears, and they need replacing soon. Will probably get the same again, yes they are slightly more expensive but they are a good tyre for all conditions.

Have heard of Bridgestones (re05a?) or something like that, seem to get good reviews but they are expensive

Depends what kind of driving you are doing and how much you want to spend

Clio RS200
I'm running cs 5 on the front cs3 at the rears, and they need replacing soon. Will probably get the same again, yes they are slightly more expensive but they are a good tyre for all conditions.

Have heard of Bridgestones (re05a?) or something like that, seem to get good reviews but they are expensive

Depends what kind of driving you are doing and how much you want to spend

Considering I've done a set of tyres in 10k miles I'm guessing my driving my crap to be honest. CS3 have been discontinued now and are the 5'a....apparently. I've got CS 3's all round. They are good, just wondered if there's anything better for the same amount of money or cheaper.

Clio sport 197
Try black circles on web good prices fir tires got conti tyers pretty cheap and choose where they fit um

Clio RS200
Yokohama AD08's in 225/45/17. JD.
Can you go wider on standard alloys? Noticed a lot of the tyres available for the 200 were lower profile. Like I need that in my life, with potholes and cup chassis it hurts enough as it is

S2H

RS Clio 200
Yep i'm currently running 225 all the way round :)

4437d094de04cea19435158107664c99_zps81066bbb.jpg

BMW E34 540i
I went for more budget option Uniroyal Rain Sport 2 and I am surprised how good they are. They seem a little softer on the walls than sportcontacts 3 clio came on but in a wet they do a great job.

For this kind of money definitely good purchase.

GTD, Lupo
Yokohama AD08's in 225/45/17. JD.

Dont go for 225s unless you have 8j wheel. Stick with the 215s on 7.5j. I put some 225s AD08s and they looked silly big. Im currently running 215/45 AD08 on 8j Oz Ultras and the fit is much better. AD08s are the best tyre i have ever used in the dry, not so good in the wet.

225 on a speedline
DSC_0071_zpseaf86041.jpg
[/IMG]

Clio 172
215/45/17

I got v12 Evos on my 172 and they are a cracking tyre. I have had contis before and they were s**t in the wet.

Dont go for 225s unless you have 8j wheel. Stick with the 215s on 7.5j. I put some 225s AD08s and they looked silly big. Im currently running 215/45 AD08 on 8j Oz Ultras and the fit is much better. AD08s are the best tyre i have ever used in the dry, not so good in the wet. [/IMG]

What tyres that you have used previously on the Clio can you compare the AD08's to? When you say they are not very good in the wet to what extent do you mean? Are they dangerously slippy or just not as good as good as a more all round tyre?

Thanks

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Have you used both tyres? If so how do they compare to each other in both the wet and dry? I will be needing new tyres soon I expect and can't decide which to go for..

Yet to use AD08s on it.

Had Pirelli Pzeros on and loved them, excellent in wet and dry. Lasted a long time. The fronts done 13-14k and 16 runs at a quarter mile day. The rears had done around 20kish and still had approx 5mm on them.

Would highly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

GTD, Lupo
What tyres that you have used previously on the Clio can you compare the AD08's to? When you say they are not very good in the wet to what extent do you mean? Are they dangerously slippy or just not as good as good as a more all round tyre?

Thanks

I have used both Conti contact 3s and 5s, the AD08s easily out proform both in the dry. The amount of grip is amazing compared to the previous tyres. As for the wet they are still pretty similar to the contact 3s but they do suffer with standing water and it can get a little twitchy under heavy braking when wet and crossing road markings.

Clio RS200
Well as we seem to have more wet than dry weather it seems a brighter idea just to stick with the Conti's tbh. Id rather the tyre be great at both conditions rather than fantastic at one type of weather and shocking at another

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well as we seem to have more wet than dry weather it seems a brighter idea just to stick with the Conti's tbh. Id rather the tyre be great at both conditions rather than fantastic at one type of weather and shocking at another
I agree was thinking of some track type tyres for the summer but then what summer do we have:( so i would get the sport contact 3 w87 :)

I'd opt for the conti's or rainsports based on our weather. You will only exploit the benefit of 888s or ad08s a handful of times a year, but the rest of the year you will reap the rewards of the others.

Yet to use AD08s on it.

Had Pirelli Pzeros on and loved them, excellent in wet and dry. Lasted a long time. The fronts done 13-14k and 16 runs at a quarter mile day. The rears had done around 20kish and still had approx 5mm on them.

Would highly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Have you used AD08's on other cars? What tyres have used on your car that you can compare the PZeros to?

They won the last Evo tyre test so I'm thinking they shuould be better than most others on the market at the moment..

I have used both Conti contact 3s and 5s, the AD08s easily out proform both in the dry. The amount of grip is amazing compared to the previous tyres. As for the wet they are still pretty similar to the contact 3s but they do suffer with standing water and it can get a little twitchy under heavy braking when wet and crossing road markings.

It sounds to me like they are very similar to the Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyre. I found those to be excellent in the dry but scary in wet conditions!

The more I think about it and from the posts above I am being persuaded by the PZeros.

Does anybody know how the compare to the Conti SportConatct 5's?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Have you used AD08's on other cars? What tyres have used on your car that you can compare the PZeros to?

They won the last Evo tyre test so I'm thinking they shuould be better than most others on the market at the moment..

Not as of yet.

I have used Michelin Pilot sport 3s, Hankook V12s, T1Rs and a couple of others that i can't think of right now.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Lal B3N- how do the PZeros compare to the Pilot Sport 3's? They are also a contender I'm considering..

Thanks

Personally I found the Pzeros better. Not by huge amounts but just slightly overall.

I only had the Michelins fitted for approx 3-5k miles and they were already down to 4mm. Found them softer than the Pzeros. So far that reasoning and the price of them compared to the Pirellis I found the Pirellis a better tyre.

In terms of grip though, very similar to the Pzeros, drove great in the dry and no different in the wet. Never had to worry about their performance in any weather.

Thanks for the reply, I have heard that the Michelins are a very fast wearing tyre.. Did you find the sidewalls a bit on the soft side as that is something else I have read about them. Have you found the PZero to be a fast wearing tyre?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Thanks for the reply, I have heard that the Michelins are a very fast wearing tyre.. Did you find the sidewalls a bit on the soft side as that is something else I have read about them. Have you found the PZero to be a fast wearing tyre?

Sidewalls wasn't something I noticed and I do hammer the car. They just seemed to wear fast.

No the Pirellis lasted great, if I still had them I reckon the rears would of easily lasted 50k miles. The fronts lasted plenty of abuse over 14kish miles, they took a proper hammering. Depending on how hard you drive I don't see why you wouldn't see 20k out of a set of fronts to be honest.

I'm glad to hear that the Pirelli's were hard wearing while still offering high limits of grip. I am being more and more persuaded by them and the reviews I have read. For those that are interested below is a link to a tyre review website with the results of the EVO 2012 summer tyre test. The Pirelli's were first closely followed by the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 and the Michelin PS3's

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2012-EVO-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

Lal B3N- thanks for your feedback, much appreciated:)

Clio RS200
I've got the Continental contisportcontact 5 being put on Friday morning. Couldn't fault the conti 3's apart from only doing 10k miles so as these are even better a round, we'll see how they stand up to the 3's