ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do when the warranty runs out!

Clio 197 cup
I need people thoughts and opinions on what to do with the car when the warranty runs out!

a) Keep it and spend alot of money making it go like the clappers

b) Put the money I would spend on making it more powerful and my car towards something that is already fast as f*ck

c) Keep it, do a few subtle mods and go on a decent holiday

If your answer is be what car would you suggest? Me and the missus like the new RS Meg 250.

Being serious now, I would say C. Do a few little things, like brakes or sportlines etc. Dont bother spending thousands, not worth it in the end.

I'd go for B, there are far more faster and more interesting cars out there. Its good to broaden your horizons!

Clio 197 cup
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I would love to go for A because the 197 tuning market is steadily growing but deep down I know a sensible option woud be B or C.

I want turbo/supercharged power next me thinks :)

Barge
If you like the 250 go to your stealers and see what they can do? If it's anything like the Clio 200 they'll be giving them away!

It's A Reno
If you're looking for a lot more pace, B. More cost effective than squeezing little bits out of the Reno.

Last edited:
  Barge
Has the 250 had a bit of a bad reception? or is it just the current climate?

Current climate I'd say fella, anyone who pays full price for a new car ATM is mad IMO! They practically gave me a 200 when I enquired last month, they only wanted my car and 5k for a brand new 200 with the tasty extras!

It's a buyers market if you've got the money!

Barge
Might have to pay the stealers a visit soon then, can you order it yet?

Not sure fella, I'm not even sure of the release date yet (haven't looked for a while!) Try the RenaultSport website? Check out the spec you might be after and you can walk in clued up on the deal you're after.

Clio 197 cup
Not sure fella, I'm not even sure of the release date yet (haven't looked for a while!) Try the RenaultSport website? Check out the spec you might be after and you can walk in clued up on the deal you're after.

Will do thanks for the useful info :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What would you do to the 197 thats going to make it crazy quick without Super/Turbo charging it?

If its gonna compromise already pish build quality you should just sell it for an Evo 7/8...

Clio 197 cup
A turbo would be on the cards but I know it's never gonna make it stupidly quick! It would be more for the fact that it's gonna make it feel alot quicker than it does now :)

An Evo would be good, guy that lives on my street has one and the more I see it the more I want one :)