ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to apply after AG SRP, EGP

Hi,

Im gonna be applying AG SRP, followed by a coat of EGP at the weekend. Read that applying a wax on top of this after should give a great finish.
Was gonna purchase P21's but cant seem to find it on the cleanyourcar website. Is there anything else on the site that you recommend i could use instead. Been lookin at the poorboys nattys paste wax which sounds good but not to sure. Its gonna be applied on dark cars.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/cat_4.html

Thanks

would prefer it to be from clean your car, just bought stuff from em before and great service. Budget is around £30, if not will just get P21's from another site

you could try after SRP, collinite for the extra durability instead of EGP then a coat of chemical guys butter wet wax for the extra "bling" factor. :approve:

Both available from cleanyourcar. ;)

ok thanks is there alot of difference between the swissvax and the chemical guys? Im only a amatuer tbh

106 GTi
The Onyx and 50/50 are both nice waxes, both look very good. The Swissvax has the edge on looks and durability though.

ok thanks is there alot of difference between the swissvax and the chemical guys? Im only a amatuer tbh

swissvax is much more expensive but imo doesnt give as good a shine as the chemical guys butter wet. Swissvax is more durable though, so its swings and roundabouts.

106 GTi

swissvax is much more expensive but imo doesnt give as good a shine as the chemical guys butter wet.

Jokes aside now Lusty, please stop talking bullshit. All Swissvax products that I have tried/used/own look better in all aspects than the CG Butter Wet Wax.

Butter Wet Wax is in the same as Nattys Wax/P21s all off which are surpassed in apperance even by the entry level Onyx in every way, ease of use, looks and durability.

This is coming from someone that owns and has owned or at least tried each product that they are talking about.

swissvax is much more expensive but imo doesnt give as good a shine as the chemical guys butter wet.

Jokes aside now Lusty, please stop talking bulls**t. All Swissvax products that I have tried/used/own look better in all aspects than the CG Butter Wet Wax.

It all depends on your budget. If you want a cheap wax which gives impressive results (£11) then my suggestion will be good.

Rich will know which gives best results as he has been doing this for years.

106 GTi
Jokes aside now Lusty, please stop talking bulls**t. All Swissvax products that I have tried/used/own look better in all aspects than the CG Butter Wet Wax.

well thats in your opinion. I just think butter wet gives a more blin... :quiet:

It all depends on your budget. If you want a cheap wax which gives impressive results (£11) then my suggestion will be good.

The looks thing is subjective yes, but for an 11 quid product the CG Butter Wet Wax is ok, but does not come close to the Onyx, and righfully so at a quarter of the price.

Lusty which Swissvax products have YOU used?

well thats in your opinion. I just think butter wet gives a more blin... :quiet:

The looks thing is subjective yes, but for an 11 quid product the CG Butter Wet Wax is ok, but does not come close to the Onyx, and righfully so at a quarter of the price.

Lusty which Swissvax products have YOU used?

A while ago I tried Saphir. Did give impressive results but it cost 60 quid and imo, the results were not better enough to justify the much higher cost. Without a doubt tho did produce a very good shine

I just dont think the product is very good and its the only one i have ever seen you recommend. I honestly think you would drink the stuff if you could

I just dont think the product is very good and its the only one i have ever seen you recommend. I honestly think you would drink the stuff if you could

well it has a lovely banana scent. Might be worth considering;)

oh and the ban lusty campaign will never work. Im holding the club together!! lol

RB 182
Another vote for the 50/50 for a wax.

Liking Wet Mirror Finish at the moment gives a real nice, just about to order some JetSeal 109 be interesting to see what the is like for myself.

106 GTi
thanks for all your help on this guys, sorry it caused a kinda hate campaign against you lusty!

He had already started it previously on a past episode of Butter Wax Experiences Volume 27 - "Lustys Buttery Return".

Not a hate campaign though!

106 GTi
LOL - Been there tried it and disliked it before you even joined the site Lusty.

Tipped it down the drain the other day as I needed the bottle for something :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
LOL - Been there tried it and disliked it before you even joined the site Lusty.

He have a heart attack for you saying that!!!

ITB BG 182

Ok in all fairness yes rich does have more experience than most but the thread orignally startd whats best to use as he/she did not know.
So lust aka Ed simply put up what he knows off.
I think people go a little over the top, some one justify why a £60 tub of wax is more worth it than a £20 tub of p21s wax?
Then some one might want the challenge of telling my that gonk out there can charge rich folk 1-5k for a wash a wax and justify why he spent £7000 yes severn thousand pounds on some wax that comes in a glass container...

106 GTi
The justification of why a £40 quid pot of Onyx is better than a £20 quid pot of wax had nothing over the top about it apart from the fact the one will outperform the other easily in durability stakes and does look better.

The two expensive but refillable life Zymols as expensive as they are for a noraml user, will easily but the most cost effective wax to buy for any one being a Pro, the lifetime refills passable on via your will etc!

Lusty has always gone on about the Butter Wet Wax, and until yesterday had not even mentioned that he had owned or tried any Swissvax products which is the only reason I bit at him.

The justification of why a £40 quid pot of Onyx is better than a £20 quid pot of wax had nothing over the top about it apart from the fact the one will outperform the other easily in durability stakes and does look better.

The two expensive but refillable life Zymols as expensive as they are for a noraml user, will easily but the most cost effective wax to buy for any one being a Pro, the lifetime refills passable on via your will etc!

Lusty has always gone on about the Butter Wet Wax, and until yesterday had not even mentioned that he had owned or tried any Swissvax products which is the only reason I bit at him.

:eek: lol

How very dare you tip the butter wet down the drain? :eek: Shame on you :nono:

Mito Sportiva 135
Another vote for the 50/50 for a wax.

Liking Wet Mirror Finish at the moment gives a real nice, just about to order some JetSeal 109 be interesting to see what the is like for myself.

Is the WMF a wax or what... what sort of finish does it leave?

Also wondering about the anniversary wax they have out now at CGs... as it is cheaper than the 50/50 I assumed it was an inferior product to sit in the middle of the XXX and 50/50?

106 GTi
This is main probelm with CG they keep bringing out new products to make us spend more. I am happy with the 50/50, been disapointed by there sealants, and have most of there QD's so have forced myself to stick with what I have!

Mito Sportiva 135
This is main probelm with CG they keep bringing out new products to make us spend more. I am happy with the 50/50, been disapointed by there sealants, and have most of there QD's so have forced myself to stick with what I have!

Yeh I know what you mean, do have a lot of products doing roughly the same job.

I have found the M Sealant ok though, which I know you don't rate. I'm just using it on my wheels at the moment though.

I think manufacturers should produce just one or two of a particular product group, and have a clear distinction of what each does. The risk is that having lots of similar products confuses people.

CG have loads of sealants and wax products now... without recommendation hard to know what to go for.

My favourites are the Extreme shampoo, EZ Glaze II, Body Blitz sealant and 50/50 wax.

Best thing to do is go onto CG home website. They have loads of info about each product and how it performs in various categories:

Wetness

Shine

Durability

etc

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm always a bit sceptical about totally relying on those ratings though - how do you objectively measure "wetness" for example?

I guess durability would be easier to measure but I tend to use the ratings as a rough guide really and make my mind up for myself.