ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what the hell is a smart rear wiper

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

seen that my clio when the time finally comes to get it will have a smart rear wiper

my question is what is it? and do all clios have it or just the rs ones?

Audi RS4

a fooking annoyance if you dont turn your auto wipers off when reversing in the dry!lol. Otherwise all it means is when its raining and you put the car in reverse the rear wiper comes on and clears the window.

Abarth 500

smart. my ass, just like the front wipers if u brake hard all the water comes off the roof and the wipers go fuking mental on nearly drop off lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

not a guid feature imo and extremely annoying if you are reversing in a tight space and its going even when its not raining - plus you cant stop it:mad:

in otherwords its pisch

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 17 August 2005
plus you cant stop it:mad:

try de-activating the auto-wipers for the front screen

the rear wiper only works when the front wiper is on

clio 182 black /gold

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 17 August 2005

By the way it is the lever on the right near the key, push it to the top.

Megane RS 275 Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by SimonD on 17 August 2005

Its not that smart - my old rover 200 did that. (and it was about the only thing it did do!!)
I had a Rover 400 that did that aswell but the best ever thing it did for me was the BLOW-UP (Thankyou there is a god)

[Edited by yzfr6 on 17 August 2005 at 12:54pm]

Clio V6 MK I, Megane DCi

No such worries on my MK1.

My megane on the other hand has speed sensitive wipers that switch to intermittant as you slow the car, this is a great feature except when youre at traffic lights or roundabouts when they tend to stop completely, leaving you with a windscreen full of water you cant see through.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Quote: Originally posted by welsh172 on 17 August 2005

smart. my ass, just like the front wipers if u brake hard all the water comes off the roof and the wipers go fuking mental on nearly drop off lol
Fu##ing pmsl! Totally agree, and when you start the engine and they come on, if the window is even just one inch open, gallons of the stuff pours in through the window.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

also i was perousing the renaultsport brochure just now and it says that including the wing mirrors the 182 is 1940mm wide??? that cant be right can it? as the v6 is stated at 1830mm? is it a typo and meant to be 1740?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I thought auto-wipers, along with auto-lights, and cruise control were one of the "must have" accessories?

Thats what all the full fat owners say while calling me a pauper anyway :devilish:

Are the auto-wipers a pile of sh*te then?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 17 August 2005
I thought auto-wipers, along with auto-lights, and cruise control were one of the "must have" accessories?Thats what all the full fat owners say while calling me a pauper anyway :devilish:Are the auto-wipers a pile of sh*te then?

Howdy bro ;)

Auto wipers are very good! Ive had a couple of Citroens with them on and they were frankly crap ... auto mode on my missus C8 is totally random. However on Renaults the system has more sensors and I find the auto wipers on my Vee work very well. You can tweak the sensitivity too via the stalk to refine the system. Reacts quickly too ... can drive past a lorry kicking out loads of spray in itll turn the wipes onto fast wipe within a second or two.

Ive turned the auto lights off tho since they turn on when I park my car in my garage or start it up to drive out.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i hate the auto wipers they never seem to do the right thing for the time, i have been driving along and it has been raining very slowly not enough for continuas (sp) wipe just enough for medium intermitant but the auto wipers decides its not raining and dont wipe the screen :mad: so i have to drive around with continuas (sp) on and everybody else has intermitant.

is there a way of turning auto wipers off and having variable intermitant in stead?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 17 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 17 August 2005

By the way it is the lever on the right near the key, push it to the top.

eh - i think i might already know that:sleep:

its still pisch anyway.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Erm... my Mrk2 Ph1 172 have a smart rear wipe... but not auto wipers on the front... so how do you turn THAT one off?? hehe

But yep, i love the auto wipers.. hate the rear one though

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 17 August 2005

Erm... my Mrk2 Ph1 172 have a smart rear wipe... but not auto wipers on the front... so how do you turn THAT one off?? hehe
its only "smart" when the front wipers have been switched on manually in the RS-1s ;)

Clio 172 mk2

am think they are god but mine dont come on very often the key is after you wash your car put rain-ex or window wizard or stuff like that and the water turns into wee beads and cause they are to wee it does not activate the sensors.

the rear smart wiper is still highly irritating

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

You sure Fubs?? i used to reverse off my drive every day (and it wasnt always raining!) and the bloody thing would come on.. hehe