ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Spec is this Clio 182

Clio 1.4
Wondering what spec the Clio 182 I viewed today is, car has the following

Clio sport half leather interior, Cruise control, Climate control, Cup Spoiler, Cup darker Wheels, Guy says it has the cup hubs

Car doesn't have

front splitter, Xenon's , front washers for the headlights (has the caps covering where they would be)

Anyone able to help me in identify what spec the car is i.g CUP, standard 182 or a Full Fat ? Cheers

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Measure the spacing of the hubs. May have been in a front end collision hence the lack of xenons, front splitter Etc. Were the small stickers in the bumper still there?
It's hard to really say it was a 'full fat' from factory or whether it has been made to look like one. If it has the cup hubs and also rear cup spoiler it would suggest it was full fat.

Not that it really matters imho.

Clio 1.4
Measure the spacing of the hubs. May have been in a front end collision hence the lack of xenons, front splitter Etc. Were the small stickers in the bumper still there?
It's hard to really say it was a 'full fat' from factory or whether it has been made to look like one. If it has the cup hubs and also rear cup spoiler it would suggest it was full fat.

Not that it really matters imho.

Cheers, I asked the guy to measure the spacing in the hubs and he replied saying he thinks there cup spacing, the more I think about it the more I think its probably a FF which has had a front end smack at some point.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sounds like a Full Fat with the xenon headlights and washers removed for some reason.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That's a full fat since it's black with what appears to be cup packs.

Sounds like best case scenario someone has robbed the xenon's off it before trade in, worst case scenario it's had a front end, a give away is usually if the stickers at either side of the air vent above the front reg plate are missing/painted over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190209-202644.png
    Screenshot_20190209-202644.png
    493.4 KB · Views: 76

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
2005 FF 182 for sale
Mileage: 78,876
MOT: expires 20 October 2017(7 months)
Cambelt/aux belt/water pump replaced in February 2016
Exhaust: Prospeed (fitted October 2015)
Tyres: Michelin PS3 all round with plenty of tread
Wheels: would benefit from a refurb
Paintwork: few chips/dings/scratches but nothing major
Headunit: Pioneer with USB connectivity
Service history: partial and its due a service now (I cant actually find an invoice stating when the last one was carried out)
Air con: not working, hopefully just needs a regas
Steering wheel fairly recently refurbished (by previous owner)Interior generally in good condition. Gearknob worn but Ive got a brand new replacement buyer can have. Just fitted a new Bosch S3 battery.Comes with stacks of paperwork including the original vehicle invoice from Seward Portsmouth.7 previous owners.---Price: £2,000Location: Essex ---Will be serviced ASAP and price increased if no immediate interest.Any queries please let me know!

The above was April 2017. Going off the mot history it seems the headlight washers stopped working so they've been blanked off to avoid test and also headlights had some issues. May have put the standard ones in to avoid problems with MOT (Theoretically you need washers for xenons). I'd still HPI it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Broken Aircon also points towards a possible shunt, any time I've fixed a front end shunt for someone they have always told me to leave the Aircon to save cash!

Tbh that's not good value at that cash needing a service (long overdue probably) bits missing and needing a wheel Refurb

Clio 1.4
2005 FF 182 for sale
Service history: partial and its due a service now (I cant actually find an invoice stating when the last one was carried out)
Steering wheel fairly recently refurbished (by previous owner)Interior generally in good condition. Gearknob worn but Ive got a brand new replacement buyer can have. Just fitted a new Bosch S3 battery.Comes with stacks of paperwork including the original vehicle invoice from Seward Portsmouth.7 previous owners.---Price: £2,000Location: Essex ---Will be serviced ASAP and price increased if no immediate interest.Any queries please let me know!

The above was April 2017. Going off the mot history it seems the headlight washers stopped working so they've been blanked off to avoid test and also headlights had some issues. May have put the standard ones in to avoid problems with MOT (Theoretically you need washers for xenons). I'd still HPI it.

Cheers, were did you find that lol

Clio 1.4
ATM it has 88k, belts and dephaser done 3 years ago, just about to have a new gearbox and clutch fitted and 12 months MOT, its £1700

Clio 1.4
Broken Aircon also points towards a possible shunt, any time I've fixed a front end shunt for someone they have always told me to leave the Aircon to save cash!

Tbh that's not good value at that cash needing a service (long overdue probably) bits missing and needing a wheel Refurb

its a old add, I just put the current situation above

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I would say that's expensive, by the time you spend £300/400 putting a set of xenon's, washers, wheel Refurb on it to get it back to normal, then service it, then it's going to need a belt change before you sell it say in a year or 2, doesn't make it good value unless I'm reading into it too much!

Clio 1.4
2005 FF 182 for sale

was there any pictures from this add ? just wondering if the xenons are already gone

Clio 1.4
I would say that's expensive, by the time you spend £300/400 putting a set of xenon's, washers, wheel Refurb on it to get it back to normal, then service it, then it's going to need a belt change before you sell it say in a year or 2, doesn't make it good value unless I'm reading into it too much!

Mainly after one for track use but was just wondering about the spec as im not to familiar with clio 182s ect, something just didn't didn't add up with the xenons missing ect. Most 182s I see for sale seem to be £2500+ around my area atm. I probably would just buy a used set of xenons and refurb them, fix the washers if there not working and the car comes with a new lip

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I replaced my Xenons with a set of halogens, light output was pretty similar to the stock xenon bulbs, plus the new units had black inserts instead of the silver on the xenon, which looked better on a BG car.