ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should i do to my baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 1.2 04

This is my first car i got it for £1300 with 67,000 miles and 1 owner from new he had it since he was 17 and loved it..

he had a sub at one point and left me his head unit and everything wired up i was told i need to get a inline fuse or somthing than ground it to the head light and then can fit a sub and amp

he said he was running a 1000 watt subb and ive found a 600watt sub and amp for £50 local so i guess this will work ok, anyone got any recommendations on what to buy fuse wise?

alloys are 17" allessio or somthing lol ideally i want 15s on it (non standard) or standard 172 alloys.

do the 2.0 litre rokker coilovers fit the 1.2 8v authentique clio? those will be on the list.

don't really want a rs grill atm. lol... so once i get a sub and amp sorted thats my audio done as it has front speakers too. lowering than wheelage.

any mods i can do now? ideas?

Gordini 182
looks mint and for that price great price too.

ive had a lot of experience with car audio and firstly no amp or sub will working using a ground from a light or it could just badly.

if your are going to position your amp and sub in the boot then just, firstly buy an amp kit for a 600w amp/sub go to any halfords or similar get a 4g power cable thats 5 meters long ( buy the one with a few built in to the cable) then a 1 meter earth cable the run the power to battery and then for the earth remove 1 bolt in the boot for the rear seat then put the earth eyeley on it and tighten up. if thats all you need then plug all the cables in and away you go all bassed up lol.

if your looking for street coilovers then go for Ktec ones, the will get you low.. and i would go for standard 15" 172 alloys they look great imo.

hope this helps

Rusty Cup
Before buying coilovers have a look at my old non sport that was just lowered on 100 quid springs. Handled perfectly fine :)

l.jpg

Rusty Cup
My clio sounded awesome with 2 10" subs running off a 600w amp not over the top at all. I borrowed my mates 1000w amp and 2 alpine R type 12's and that is what you call loud!! less than 600w is barely worth it imo.

Clio 1.2 04
I want coilovers over springs because if i get 40mm springs it won't handle well on standard shocks? TBH a 40mm drop would be great on those 17s! but ideally i want to stick 15's on and drop it 65-70mm

Last edited by a moderator:
  Rusty Cup
if i get 40mm springs it won't handle well on standard shocks?

Mine handled sweet as a nut on standard shocks with lowered springs. Due to the fact the front suspension doesnt have to deal with the weight of a 2.0 lump you'll be fine but dont think im telling you how to spend your money im just offering advice from my personal experience.

Ive always liked 17's on non sports i think they suit them really well. Your never guna make a 1.2 fast but bigger wider wheels will allow you to carry more speed in the corners.

Just take it easy and try not to do this to your lovely new car.

2008_0419carnick0288-1.jpg

Mine handled sweet as a nut on standard shocks with lowered springs. Due to the fact the front suspension doesnt have to deal with the weight of a 2.0 lump you'll be fine but dont think im telling you how to spend your money im just offering advice from my personal experience.

Ive always liked 17's on non sports i think they suit them really well. Your never guna make a 1.2 fast but bigger wider wheels will allow you to carry more speed in the corners.
Suspension changes will make you handle more speed in the bends as well.

IMO though don't bother touching it unless your going to spend a lot forget springs changing or cheaper coilovers spend a lot or nothing. Stock setup can do a lot.

182 Turbo
Why spend money on upgrading suspension or anything on a car with roughly 65bhp, it doesn't need it. Keep it standard so atleast you can sell it on when your bored with it in a couple of days.

Clio 1.2 04
Why spend money on upgrading suspension or anything on a car with roughly 65bhp, it doesn't need it. Keep it standard so atleast you can sell it on when your bored with it in a couple of days.

Why do u assume that i would be bored of it in a few days? And because it looks good? Handles better? For the sake of under 200 pound a nicer ride and fresh shocks on a 8 year old car would do wonders.

Why spend money on a car with 172bhp? Putting coilovers on my 1.2 was one of the best things I did to it and I did it for the same reason people change suspension on sports - Upgrading is better and more fun to drive no matter what engine (usually).

Ive had my 65hp for a few years and never got bored. HP doesn't make for a good car.

Spend the money on what yyou want IMo moding isn't good value for money buy neither is owning a car often.

Good suspension should be put on any car regardless of HP.

182 Turbo
Because the renaultsport models have the power output to warrant spending money to sharpen up handling if your going to drive them to there potential, a 1.2 on 17" wheels on the other hand, I could probably run faster into a corner, if your shocks are in a dangerous condition however, do it. And if you like the decked look, do it.

8pM4q.png

Side view. Needs lowage

keep the wheels just lower it slightly and it would look perfect imo, ignore the haters and sheep mate!

Its your car you do what you feel would suit you/it best, not what other people recommend

nice looking car though;)

182 Turbo
keep the wheels just lower it slightly and it would look perfect imo, ignore the haters and sheep mate!

Its your car you do what you feel would suit you/it best, not what other people recommend

nice looking car though;)

Unfortunatly he opened a thread called "what should I do to my baby?" which is a question, therefore welcoming peoples opinions. Unfortunatly he was a bit but hurt when people started to share them.

182 Turbo
Thanks for reiterating you mongoloid.
Why do you keep getting angry at comments that aren't even aimed at you? Are you gregz boyfriend? Was that you and him in the picture he posted? Continue to fail please, carry on going bright red and aggressively typing on your keyboard. Have fun talking to yourself now because I'm off.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Fit some lowering springs and 172 wheels then leave it alone.

Why is your location "testosterone propionate"? Are you on steroids hence the aggression?

182 Turbo
Fit some lowering springs and 172 wheels then leave it alone.

Why is your location "testosterone propionate"? Are you on steroids hence the aggression?

You know your onto a fail when your first 6 posts on the forums, the moderator has to delete half of them. Close thread would be appropriate right now.

Rusty Cup
carry on going bright red and aggressively typing on your keyboard

Who's being aggressive? if you dont have the intelligence to understand what ive written then i apologise. I was merely conveying that what you had written was pointlessly obvious if not borderline obtuse, grammatically lacking in relevance and irrepressibly tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.