ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Sat Nav?

Revels Mum & Sister
After some pikey cnut on a scootay decided to smash my passenger Window in makro car park during the day and rob my Sat Nav I now need to purchase a new Sat Nav

I had a Tom Tom Go was about 2-3 years old. Not really bothered keeping up with the shat nav market

So whats good and whats not these days. DOnt have a budget, but not interested in it playing MP3's, having a HD, Hands free kit or any of that shite. Just really want the best Sat Nav

172cup
NO WAY... i got rid of my Tom Tom and bought a Navman N60i.... so much better. Tom Tom's are just what everyone goes for because it's all they know

KG Exige - ex-V6 owner
I just went from a Tom Tom (3 years old) to a Garmin 310D - no regrets.

It has handsfree phone thingy
free traffic updates for life (and it works)
Plus the directions have been perfect so far.

Very happy - get the D version if you want traffic updates

£150/£200 D

Clio 172mk2
personally i used a garmin somet n i found it a bit shite cheepest model there was 2 years ago,

used tom toms before n prefer them, i aint saying the others are n e worse as most have become better over the years.

Me peronally i just have tom tom on me n80 and n95 works perfectly so cant grumble with it.

172beast

Had my Navman ICN530 for some time now, took me to the Nurburgring twice, never let me down, works a treat, highly recommend em!

Revels Mum & Sister
Cheers hombres I best do some research different model from each person. Will go and rob some Sat Navs from Bro In Laws audio shop, try a few different ones. Will take the list here and see whats what

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I personally think Satnav on a phone is the best option.

It's always with you so never left on your dashboard.

I can give you tomtom6 for a S60 Nokias like N80/N95.

Works brilliantly. N80 would require an external GPS (~£20).

Revels Mum & Sister
Nah phone sat nav isnt any good

Firstly I dont have and dont want either of those Nokia phones. Also I dont use it myself all the time and I cant just give my phone to the other half, parents etc.

Popped down and borrewed a Sirius of some sort and a Road Angel and a Navman see how they go

Clio 172mk2
Nah phone sat nav isnt any good

Firstly I dont have and dont want either of those Nokia phones. Also I dont use it myself all the time and I cant just give my phone to the other half, parents etc.

Popped down and borrewed a Sirius of some sort and a Road Angel and a Navman see how they go

n95 with toms toms good.

mainly cos i`ve allways got my phone on me n dont have to worry about leaving it in car to get nicked, as its allways on me person

do any of you bother with an external aerial? i always find it a tricky getting a lock when first using due to that stupid film on the screen. been thinking about getting an aerial from eBay for about £10

I've had most of the TomToms and the Garmin Nuvi 660 and have returned to a Garmin Nuvi 360T with the free traffic module. Can't fault it, to be honest. Trouble with asking people what they think, you'll get loads of opinions, all saying different things.
Have a trundle to Halfords or PC World, ignore the pushy salemen and have a play with them. The prices have dropped drastically in the past year or so - my first one was nearly £450. Nowadays, you could get a decent one and a free Clio with it for that price!!! ;-)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the tomtom one, and for me it is very good.

Simple to use, clear instructions and mapping. Basically does what it says on the tin.

Got the speed camera and traffic updates on it, and they both work well.