ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what quiet aftermarket exhaust

Looking for a stainless exhaust for my 02 172 as im sick of fixing the standard one. Im looking for a quiet system as ive had a magnex in the past and was sick of the drone it has on at motorway speeds!!! Any ideas please

Ph1
I came from a Magnex to a Ktec.

Ktec is a lot quieter.

If your after *zero noise and not fussed about maximising flow, custom 2.25'' bore system could be the answer

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I came from a Magnex to a Ktec.

Ktec is a lot quieter.

If your after zero noise and not fussed about maximising flow, custom 2.25'' bore system could be the answer

I think thats the only way to go tbh.

All the 'off the shelf' systems on offer are louder than standard imo.

dont mind louder just hate the extra noise at motorway speeds. Just wondering if theres any way of soundproofing the boot as it tends to reisinate through it?

It's A Reno
As you're in South Wales, why not go to Prospeed, then you can tell Charlie how quiet you want it.:)

Ph1
You'll be fine with the Ktec then. Only makes its main noise when its on full chant.

Magnex is agony, Ktec is like a breath of fresh air noise wise compared. You can have the radio on low, have a normal convo lol

Just what i was going to say.

My k-tec stealth is quite a bit noiser then standard, i like it though.

They do make a decent sound when you open up the throttle don't they? Mine has had the middle silencer taken out (basically the supersport version) so mine's abit louder than the normal K-tech stealth.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They do make a decent sound when you open up the throttle don't they? Mine has had the middle silencer taken out (basically the supersport version) so mine's abit louder than the normal K-tech stealth.

Yes mate.. i love the noise it makes giving it beans through the low gears :)

fad

Clio 182 FF
Drove a Cup with Yozzasport Stealth soooo much quieter than the K tec stealth which with a decat IMO is really boomy.

Even under load the Yozza sounded great but not at all boomy!