ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What petrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does different fuel result in engine fatigue? I have basic knowledge of the functions of the ecu/knock/det etc and can't see how 95 Ron can cause these problems. Definitely poor servicing schedules along with bad quality oil could.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Would it take a few tank fulls to feel the benefit of the 'better stuff', only reason i ask is that when i do on the odd occasion put the vpower in, it def doesnt seem to like it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How does different fuel result in engine fatigue? I have basic knowledge of the functions of the ecu/knock/det etc and can't see how 95 Ron can cause these problems. Definitely poor servicing schedules along with bad quality oil could.

Because it can elovate EGT's as a result of the knock sensor pulling out the timing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would it take a few tank fulls to feel the benefit of the 'better stuff', only reason i ask is that when i do on the odd occasion put the vpower in, it def doesnt seem to like it.

No it should be straight away pretty much, but the difference isnt anything you are likely to feel much as its only a few %.

Even in pauls example above, where a car lost 10bhp, thats a pretty hard thing to tell just by driving it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest and slightly off topic, what do you do? Job wise that is. Seem to know your stuff

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Out of interest and slightly off topic, what do you do? Job wise that is. Seem to know your stuff

Have 3 different jobs currently.
I remap cars (mainly hillclimb or trackday stuff, but also do things like bmw diesels)
Am a technical consultant to a couple of car manufacturers (currently involved in writing finance software of all things so not really car related even though its for car manufacturers)
I write technical articles for various car magazines

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool. Where you based?

I live half in somerset and half in london at the moment.
Am not here on the forum to offer any services for sale though mate, I'm just here cause im into clios, I have far more work than I can possibly do on at the moment anyway.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, you could see where i was going then. Seem to know what your talking about which is allways a bonus.

Been done to death.

Please search in future

Dont report the fact thats its been locked. If you search this has been covered alot, same as MPG threads as well and they all get locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.