ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What petrol do you run your 1*2 on ??

172 ph1 2.4 transit
As title ??

I run mine on Tesco 99 as much as i can even though its about a 18 mile round trip to fuel the 172 up !!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I used to run mine on v-power, sainsburys super now i'm filling up with 95ron shell, and Asda ghetto fuel.

IMO there isn't any difference in performance

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I use Sainsburys Super, have since the day I picked it up.

I know there will be no difference in performance, but it says super in the book so I use it. The 3/4 quid difference per fill up makes no difference to me, if it helps the car run cleaner then happy days.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I use Sainsburys Super, have since the day I picked it up.

I know there will be no difference in performance, but it says super in the book so I use it. The 3/4 quid difference per fill up makes no difference to me, if it helps the car run cleaner then happy days.

Doesn't the book say 98ron +??

iirc Sainsbury's super is 97ron ;)

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Sainsburys super. Can't see any difference compared to v power. 95 ron is probably the same too.

Mine has always been run on Optimax or Ultimate. For 18 months I ran it on Optimax 100 in Europe. Now in the UK it mostly gets Ultimate again. It's had 95 maybe twice in 4 years, and only then a small emergency fill.

Optimax 100 in Germany made it very grunty and gave it a good idle.

Sainsbury's Super or shell V-Power. Get better mpg and more out of a tank than 95 Ron, not sure if there is much performance difference but engine certainly runs smoother with 97 + Ron.

I find that Optimax makes it quite gruff. Ultimate is smoother and fruity. I'm sure people think it's imagination but, they're wrong so let them keep filling up with out of spec pikey petrol.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I do the same journey day in day out, and BP is the only one where my car gets decent mpg and i dont get any problems starting from cold. Everything else Shell included means its pants

I didn't get any cold start lumps at all in Germany on Optimax 100. Including all seasons. Frost, snow, summer etc.

I find BP Ultimate is my pump of choice in the UK though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm a pikey then as i use Optimax mainly or Tesco 99 if i'm passing

All I know is that the cold start half-mile lumps did not happen once in Europe, but have returned at least once or twice in the UK since.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Supermarket slop makes mine rough and it won't pull cleanly on idle in traffic.

Optimax then V-power for mine from new...in 107k only ever had maybe 5 full tanks of nastiness go through it.

One thing for certain is that I go a lot further on V-power...I mean 43 mpg compared to 38 mpg. Only ever run out on track before the end of a trackday once and that was on Tesco 99. It's a false economy.