ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What oil can i put in my clio 16v

As the title says

I have to put some oil in my clio and all i have is some 10/40, is that ok? its only temporary before i do a full oil change.

put any in that meets or betters the manufacturers recomendations.. unless.. you are going to do silly things to the internals of the infernal combustion engine...

Skoda Fabia vRS

how much are you puttin in ?

do you mean a top up ?

if so yea, 10/40 should be fine, but even if its a top up id avoid cheap oil, you could get some magnatec, or if its only gonna be in a few days, and in a small amount, then simple castrol GTX would be ok

magnatex 10/40 is generally what ive used, no noises, stays clean, and gives good oil pressure readings, hot or cold,

Alex M

Clio 1.8 16v

What do the numbers mean eg 10-40w does it mean it will start protecting my engine from 10deg up to 40 deg?it says 15-40 for my car so would it be ok to use 10-40?

Williams 2, STi N12

It refers to the viscosity of the oil when hot and cold I think. So for example in an older engine because the wear and general tolerances are greater you use a higher viscous oil to stop it pissing out everywhere. Or at least that is my understanding of it.