ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What model is this/

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
Bought myself a clio a few weeks back now, but not entirely sure on what exact model it is i have...

I thought it was like a Mark 1 Phase 3 or sumthing, but under the bonnet it says its a Phase 1...

Pics:

j60gmo.jpg

infzhc.jpg

2d2i2qd.jpg

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Tis a Mk2 Ph2, Ph3 came out about the 53 plate mark.

It's a Mk2 Phase 2

There is no Mk 2 Phase 3

could be a dynamique look at the plastic plate in the glove box my 02 was the plus - electric sunroof / air con as well as the alloys, fogs and sport spoiler.

Last edited:

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yes there is.

Very minor facelift, but there was a facelift.

Now you mention it yes there was new upper grille and modified fog light surrounds.

Don't think it was actually actually called the phase three but yeah there was a difference so i'll suck back on that one ...... oops

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What everyone else has said.

Still can't quite make my mind up on whether the PH3 front is an improvement on the PH2. Oh well.

LOL not again. It's a MK2 PH2 end of. The ph3 actually is more than just a slightly different bumper, it has diff wheels, interior, equipment, headlight surrounds, and engine ( in the 1.2 16v) if we're comparing dynamiques.

Evo 6, E92 320d
LOL not again. It's a MK2 PH2 end of. The ph3 actually is more than just a slightly different bumper, it has diff wheels, interior, equipment, headlight surrounds, and engine ( in the 1.2 16v) if we're comparing dynamiques.

Yep, also i think ph3 had diff upholstrey.
Don't forget the ph4 (campus).... OP confused yet ;)

The thin that confuses me, is the bumpers... Some have the line that flows down from the headlight, down round the fogs (RS-Esque in a way) - I have seen this on newer Clios aswell... Where has mine had just a nomral PH3 bumper... Whats all that about?

120d M Sport
^ Yes some '06 plate Dynamiques still have the PH2 front. Probably just Renault being cheapskates using up old parts lol

^ Yes some '06 plate Dynamiques still have the PH2 front. Probably just Renault being cheapskates using up old parts lol

Nope, they're campus'. After they stopped the "PH3" they made a campus that looked like the ph2 again, my mum had one and so did a guy I know, before making the campus the way they look now. Just to confuse things more like.

G51 BEN
you said the ph2 has a different engine to the ph3?????? iv had a 1.2 16v PH2 & now 3... whats the difference?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
jesus christ mk2 ph1 mk2 ph2 mk2 ph3 (best non sport ;) ) then the campus, different engines in ph3 as it was a totaly new design

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
holy s**t so many different answers there lol here we go.......

MK2 ph1
Renault-Clio_Mk2-Ph1.jpg

MK2 ph2
YW03BVK.jpg

MK2 Ph3
1182252349-23777900.jpg

MK2 ph4 (aka Campus)
renault_clio_campus_4.jpg

The differences....
MK2 ph1 was the original MK2 then in 2001 they brought out the ph2, full different interior, different front end, different side strips, wheels, rear lights etc, same engines were availible (1.2 8v, 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v and 1.6 16v) along with the adition of the 1.5 DCi to replace the older 1.9dti

then in early 2004 they were facelifted to ph3 starting with 53 plates (some 53 plates are some are not!) they got a new front bumper, new grill, headlights stayed the same apart from grey backs instead of black and the rear spoilers were colour coded as standard, inside the dials were changed giving a bigger screen for the trip computer and the seats were given a new design the wheels were also changed to a 15" version of the 172 wheels, ph3 models also did not have a sunroof (about time!!) models without fog lights came with a ph2 front bumper instead of the ph3 one.

ph4 then came along with the release of the mk3 clio, these were badged as either a clio campus or a clio campus sport (although their was clio campus models in ph3 guise to begin with) ph4 featured again a new front bumper, the badges on the bump strips were deleted of any text (16v, dci etc) and the rear bumper was changed to allow the number plate to be fitted to the bumper, the boot was then smoothed where the plate usually goes.

hope this helps ive probably missed out a load of bits n bobs but that gives you the general idea.

EDIT: in 2004 the 1.2 16v engine was revised with a new inlet manifold, throttle body and ecu along with a few other bits n bobs to make it a bit more economical and get rid of some common faults.

no "new" power figures were ever released but in my experiance you get a bit more torque from the shorter inlet tract, sound a bit better and thank god they got rid of the flexi joint on the cat that the older style engine had as it was a pain in the arse i kept bursting them catching my cat lol

and for reference the OP's car is a mk2 ph2 Dynamique as stated above somewhere!

Last edited:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im gonna be a pain lol mines a 05 plate ph3 and it has a sunroof ;) lol x