ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Mod?

Milltek'd 182
:) Hi,

Thinkin about getting a mod(s) for my '05 182 got about £300-£500 to spend really. Just wondered if any one had any ideas of what to get..? I'm looking for mainly performance, already got a new panel filter. Also does any1 know where does the best ecu remap, i know k-tec did one but didnt know of anyone else?!

any help would be great,
Cheers Guys.

Dave

Contact BenR for a intake manifold reworking and Pmurry for a remap (benR will recomeend him as I think they have a deal going at the moment)

Best reamp is a custom made one but few people pay the money required for it.

Scirocco GT 210
Contact BenR for a intake manifold reworking and Pmurry for a remap (benR will recomeend him as I think they have a deal going at the moment)

Do this ^^^.

Tis what I'll be doing as soon as I can afford it :approve:

Gal

A Clee O

Do this ^^^.

Tis what I'll be doing as soon as I can afford it :approve:

Your actually going to do some work on your car?

Milltek'd 182
Thanks. How much will the intake be roughly? I'l email BenR now. Would it be best to do a remap after the mods, because am i right in thinking they can taylor them?!

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks. How much will the intake be roughly? I'l email BenR now. Would it be best to do a remap after the mods, because am i right in thinking they can taylor them?!

Dave

Yep Pmurry doesn't do cumstom remaps but his off the shelf is very good from what I've heard and if Ben trust him thats thats good enough for me.

£160 or so for the intake work.

2005 Nissan Navara
£150 for modified inlets from me. Got them on the shelf aswell.

Paul is defo the bloke to see for a remap.

Craig
Advanced Powertain Developments

Hi, this intake manifold reworking is this where they smooth off inside the inlet manifold? also if so what sort of bhp gain will you get from it roughly?

BMW M3
Its not so much smoothing (smoothed a little on inside but not too much) but more matching up between the inlet and plen because they often dont line up right. Inlet may have smaller pipes etc... if you see what i mean.

A very bad inlet (more common on 172s) after being matched can see a gain of 10bhp.

Its not so much smoothing (smoothed a little on inside but not too much) but more matching up between the inlet and plen because they often dont line up right. Inlet may have smaller pipes etc... if you see what i mean.

A very bad inlet (more common on 172s) after being matched can see a gain of 10bhp.

ok cheers for that i might give it a go myself when i feel brave enough

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The maps we produce are far from off the shelf, we have setup many base maps on a dyno to suit different mods and continue to develop for different combinations. The only better remap out there will be 6 hours dyno time running an emulator to map the car while running. Anyone who pretends to live map through the OBD port is also full of s**t! it's not possible as the checksumm calculation would be way too slow. Depending on your mods our maps will be as near as possible custom to your car.

Cheers

Paul

inlet work from GDI or AWT as said, and I'd go see Wayne at chip wizards for a remap, as he can program the standard ECU and his results are proven as being the quickest Clio's for the spec. Only have to look as far as the Nana (will EASILY do 13's) or 2 live's 14.0 second Williams. No one has come near these cars on the stock ECU for performance, this is a fact that cannot be argued with at the moment. Check out his reputation, for £350 I dont think he can be touched.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
No one has come near these cars on the stock ECU for performance, this is a fact that cannot be argued with at the moment.

I can argue with that as i have backed many of my results with back to back dyno plots. E.g. The 182 remap 14hp gain and 22lbft. I'd say that's a good gain for a stock ecu with no engine mods only decat and viper ;)

Paul

fair play mate, good healthy increase and I'm sure your very good, I'd just bet that Wayne can get better results for the same mods on these cars.

We need a tuner shootout lol

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
A propper live map would probably see 1-2hp more max but trust me i spend hours setting these up ;)

I do respect Wayne alot and only tend to hear good things

Paul

as far as I'm aware he live maps... well, if that means mapping it on a dyno/RR anyway.

the difference it made on 2 lives car before and after was mental, it shave half a second off his 1/4 mile times and this wasn't a one off either, it was consistent throughout the season, most impressive. Fair play to you though Paul, at least your professional enough not to **** him off, shame it cant be said for some other colleague's of yours who know nothing of "professional courtesy"